• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    I am looking at 22 suppressors and need some recommendations. I do not want to break the bank, but do not want the cheapest thing out there either. Quality materials and durability as well as serviceability are important to me.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    +1 Dead Air MASK HD
    Great can, I see its about $40 more now, at least on Silencer Shop. I have a YHM Stinger in jail right now, I couldn't pass on the price. I do like my other YHM suppressors, great for the money.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    Thanks for the replies guys. I have a Ruger 10/22 Takdown that I want to use it one. I also have a Ruger Mark III with a 6" stainless bull barrel. I'm thinking about getting the barrel threaded for the suppressor.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Thanks for the replies guys. I have a Ruger 10/22 Takdown that I want to use it one. I also have a Ruger Mark III with a 6" stainless bull barrel. I'm thinking about getting the barrel threaded for the suppressor.
    Rimfire pistol shooting with a can is one of my favorite things in the world. Def get the barrel threaded, or trade the pistol for a threaded model.

Gypsy31

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Newburgh
    I recently picked up my Oculus. The Dead Air Mask was also on the short list. I don't think you could go wrong with either of them.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Q El Camino. Titanium and stainless steel, PVD coating so no Ceracoat to wear, 4.3oz and quiet. Love mine.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The lighter you want, the harder it will be to clean...

Light weight materials, like aluminum, are awesome if you want the weight savings. Titanium, too...

The the penalty with Al suppressors is that you cannot utilize the same methods nor solvents to clean them like you can the stainless steel cans.

So, if you buy an aluminum one to save both weight and (Generally) money - know that you've got to keep up on your routine maintenance of said can so it doesn't get to the point where you can no longer take care of it on your own.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    I went and got my passport photos taken today and took some cash to my LGS. There were quite a few attractive options, but the Rugged Oculus was temporarily out of stock. They had some on order that should be in soon, so I think I am going to wait to look at that one in person before making a final decision.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The lighter you want, the harder it will be to clean...
    That's one of the reasons I went with the Q El Camino. It has a titanium can with stacked SS baffles that keep the housing clean.

I fully agree that even with it, I don't let it get too dirty before cleaning.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Allen M in Avon does great work on threading Ruger pistol barrels. You cant go wrong with a Dead Air Mask, Rugged Occulus, Silencerco Switchback, or EA Nyx.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    I ended up purchasing the Rugged Oculus and I am having my pistol threaded now. I'm pretty excited. Now for the wait. Thanks for the replies folks.

Top Bottom