• Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    :yesway:

Snowstorm, earthquake, civil unrest, preps done well cover most things.

Except maybe thermo-nuclear holocaust. Honestly, I don't know anyone prepped for that.

I have my Civil Defense radiation detector that I got tuned up at the Cook Nuclear Power Plant sitting right there with spare batteries....

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    OK I hate you now.

Looking for Thermo-Nuclear Holocaust preps.....:):

Watched War Games on Netflix last week.

Seems like WOPR would reach the same conclusion on the election. Except I bet Biden could find a way to lose at Tic Tac Toe.

3kazwe.jpg

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Were good. Pantry pretty full. About 1100 gal LP for heat and genny in case power fails. Gas tank full. Grandma made a bunch of home made cookies last week. :yesway:

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    • Prison shack code - 72948531.
    • Warzone Farmland code - 49285163.
    • South Junkyard - 97264138.
    • North Junkyard - 87624851.
    • Park (nuke) - 60274513.
    • TV Station - 27495810.
    • Just in case you lose the decoder

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I got brighter driveway bulbs to better illuminate the driveway so I can see the cameras better at night.

Testing 2 different types out.

1) 200W equivalent 'standard' LED bulbs 3200 lumens from Menards
    2) 280W equivalent 'corn' LED bulbs 4000 Lumens from Amazon

I also got a couple of these, not sure if I'm installing them yet.

Door "Club" (brace)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TE3T186/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I did some routine maintenance like confirming zero's for both optics and back up iron sights, changing batteries on anything that runs on them just to be on the safe side.

Besides those things, we're as good as we're going to get at this point. I'm going to top off my gasoline stores as well just to make sure that's good. Regardless of who wins, it's getting cold and yucky out and I don't think the rioters and domestic terrorists burning our cities have the level of commitment to do that in the snow or rain. Either way, who ever wins something will be burning before this next weekend.

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    Couldn't decide where to drop this so guess I'll try here.....what are good sources for updates on any mostly peaceful protests that are taking place? I work nights and would hate to unintentionally drive into one of these affected areas.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I worked on my comms. I set up a cb at home and showed my wife how to use it. hoping the fcc sends me my call sign so I'm legal but also showed her how to use the gmrs radio. Besides that I've just been doing the normal nasty weather type preps

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Couldn't decide where to drop this so guess I'll try here.....what are good sources for updates on any mostly peaceful protests that are taking place? I work nights and would hate to unintentionally drive into one of these affected areas.

Map.Snapchat.com shows live feeds from Snapchat users. The Citizen app also allows livestreams too. Most people at these protests are streaming what’s going on.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Map.Snapchat.com shows live feeds from Snapchat users. The Citizen app also allows livestreams too. Most people at these protests are streaming what’s going on.

Thanks. I guess I'll be monitoring the snapchat map. Tried clicking around and am happy I've never wasted time on that site before, but I suppose it will be useful if people are capturing doing something live in my area.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis

I would just say local news? Unfortunately perhaps facebook... /shrug

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I got brighter driveway bulbs to better illuminate the driveway so I can see the cameras better at night.

Testing 2 different types out.

1) 200W equivalent 'standard' LED bulbs 3200 lumens from Menards
    2) 280W equivalent 'corn' LED bulbs 4000 Lumens from Amazon

I also got a couple of these, not sure if I'm installing them yet.

Door "Club" (brace)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TE3T186/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Go back to full spectrum incandescent bulbs, or add dedicated IR illuminators. LEDs give out a pure visible spectrum light, with little to no wasted IR radiation. That means when the IR cut filter is fired for night vision, almost all that LED visible light is filtered out. So you'll have to have stupid amounts of visible light to get the cameras to stay in full color daytime mode. I learned this the hard way when I upgraded to LED. I could see better but my cameras could see half as well at night. That is when I learned my lesson.

But if you use full spectrum, or even better, an IR illuminator providing the exact wavelength the IR sensor on the camera needs your cameras will perform beyond your wildest dreams.

Like this: (not an endorsement)
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ir+illum...efix=IR+illu,aps,202&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-ap-p_1_7

Here is a before and after with and without an extra illuminator. (with my LED floods off)

No extra
    Standard.jpg

Extra IR
    Illuminator.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom