What Preps To Have In For Election Day?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
May 26, 2018
North Central
What do folks need to have in before election day for potential unrest?

Fresh groceries, full gas tanks, extra cash. What else? Thinking locally here in Indiana.

Magyars

Marksman
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mar 6, 2010
Delaware County
Not terribly concerned in the near future locally.
The possiblity exist of the leftist attempting some issues in the cities.
Maybe Infrastructure failures......
Only thing I would add at this point is a battery powered short wave radio

NKBJ

at the ark
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Apr 21, 2010
Did somebody say fire extinguishers?
They're on my list to replace and somehow I don't get to it.
And that's a common sense thing I should have done, peaceful comradery in the streets or not.

foszoe

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Jun 2, 2011
What do folks need to have in before election day for potential unrest?

Fresh groceries, full gas tanks, extra cash. What else? Thinking locally here in Indiana.

Not really anything special for Election day. I think this will be more like 2000. When do the electors have to certify? If this thing is close, it could be a month before anything wild happens

HKFaninCarmel

Plinker
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jul 7, 2019
Carmel
They'll look high and they'll look low
They'll look everywhere we go
But when the sinners find us, we won't hide
They'll come loud and they'll come fast
We shoot first, we can last
Keep your rifle by your side

Singin' "Oh Lord, this earth was made for us"
Singin' "Oh Lord, this sinful life just ain't enough"
So we'll take a stand
'Cause we must protect our land
Keep your rifle by your side

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Nov 24, 2008
Freedonia
I’m expecting Election Day to be quiet. I don’t think either side will concede and it will become a court battle. That’s when I think the drama will start, especially if it appears Biden won. I would say the days and weeks to come will be where things happen, if they actually do.

As the virus spools back up, the added political drama will cause shortages like we saw earlier this year. Fill the freezer, get important supplies, etc.

SOUP

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 13, 2013
Noblesville
I work in the City, If things get bad I'll use my PTO and peace out for awhile. I'm not about to risk my life for some rioting and looting... and "peaceful" protesting in the streets. I'd hate to be coined, "the Indy kid"... and be blasted on national television as the bad guy. hmmm, I feel like I've heard that story somewhere.

KittySlayer

Master
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Jan 29, 2013
Northeast IN
Depending on where you live, maybe plywood or other materials for broken windows.

Still have plywood and screws from the summer festivities. My office was two blocks from the mostly peaceful protest so still have fresh wood ready to put up.

Only damage this summer was our dumpster was tagged with F... 12. Covered up next morning. Fastest way to cover graffiti is with automobile undercoating, single coat and graffiti is no longer visible.

I predict no results called election night (Wed. am). Look for unrest on the weekend when weather is nice and bars are closed thanks to Holcomb.

Cameramonkey

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
May 12, 2013
Camby area
Nothing major. Just made sure we had a full pantry and grabbed a couple extra boxes of rice, and other dry goods. Not "survival prep" level, just snowstorm prep level. (OK, not THAT level because I didnt buy french toast ingredients :):)

We arent terribly concerned, but given the state of the world, making sure the virtual tanks are topped off is a good idea and costs nothing more than normal. The only thing unusual is that we did so on an off-grocery week.

Oh, and the opportunity yesterday at the open house to verify the zeros helped. (but I doubt VERY highly I'll need them. But it was fun, regardless. )

churchmouse

I still care....Really
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
177   0   0
Dec 7, 2011
Speedway area
CKW made a list to top off the pantry's. Not much and should be no issues to pick up.

We have been planning to buy a new flat screen so we should go out and get that done before the dipp-weeds go on another riot based shopping spree.

Top Bottom