• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I was given a new Smart Watch Phone, model A9 as a gift. It works OK, but the battery only last roughly 10 hours or so even if it's off and I'm not using it. I made sure nothing was running in the background that would run it down but it still does.
    Anyone have experience with this watch?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sorry I can't help flightsimmer.

So far so good on the new to me refurbed Galaxy Watch. For comparison..

20191117-131627.jpg

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    My phone will last for 2 or so weeks if I am at home or my shop. Both are full bars close to cell towers. If I go out to the lake, where I am lucky to have 1 bar inside maybe 2 if outside, the battery only lasts one day.

How is your signal where you are using the watch? Another thing, even if you shut it off, it does not mean it is completely turned off.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    You didn't buy the extra capacity battery and the seperate battery pack with the cable?

Purple implied.

I despise apple. Can't be sure why but I do.

It was given to me as a gift.
    The instructions are so tiny you cannot read them with a magnifier, but is easy enough to figure everything out and like I said, it's all about the short battery life.
    As far as I have seen so far I don't think the battery is replaceable.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There may be some settings that you can change to increase battery life.

While it's convenient to have WIFI and GPS on all the time, they are battery drainers.

Your display settings also have a large effect on the battery usage. Brightness, always on display and timeout come to mind.

A black background vs bright on your watch face is easier on the battery also. The same goes for colored or white graphics, the closer to all black on the watch face, the less battery use.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    There may be some settings that you can change to increase battery life.

While it's convenient to have WIFI and GPS on all the time, they are battery drainers.

Your display settings also have a large effect on the battery usage. Brightness, always on display and timeout come to mind.

A black background vs bright on your watch face is easier on the battery also. The same goes for colored or white graphics, the closer to all black on the watch face, the less battery use.

Yeah, I've checked all of that.
    Yes, it must be a Chinese knockoff but it does work OK, just a real short battery life.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    10 hours is pretty bad but if it's a cheapo or a chinese knockoff of a better one, that's why. Most smart watches only last a day, maybe two on the high end. I have a Samsung Galaxy of some kind and I don't charge it every other day, it's dead by the next morning.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    10 hours is pretty bad but if it's a cheapo or a chinese knockoff of a better one, that's why. Most smart watches only last a day, maybe two on the high end. I have a Samsung Galaxy of some kind and I don't charge it every other day, it's dead by the next morning.

I would be OK with it if it lasted all day and recharge at night but it doesn't.
    I have been searching the net and it doesn't look like the battery is replaceable. It is a Apple knockoff and there is no way to open the case.
    And in fact there doesn't seem to be much information on it at all.
    The instructions were so small that I had to photograph them and then expand the picture to read them. Nothing on the battery.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I would be OK with it if it lasted all day and recharge at night but it doesn't.
    I have been searching the net and it doesn't look like the battery is replaceable. It is a Apple knockoff and there is no way to open the case.
    And in fact there doesn't seem to be much information on it at all.
    The instructions were so small that I had to photograph them and then expand the picture to read them. Nothing on the battery.

Ya....
    I'm starting to do that with menus...... and manuals........ and receipts........ and labels.......
    But my eyes are fine and I DON'T NEED GLASSES!!!!! :xmad:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I’m guessing the performance is poor because it’s a Chinese knockoff of the Apple Watch.

/thread

I usually charge my Apple Watch every night, but it will easily last 2 days if I forget. The knockoff is what it is, and it’s not like you can call customer service and complain.

Top Bottom