• ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Nice stock indeed.

I lucked into a relatively correct October '44 SA several years ago on a mail order field grade from the CMP. It had the original barrel, lock bar sights and this stock...
    slXpV7q.jpg

Sadly, a Winchester receiver with a Winchester barrel still eludes me.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Nice stock indeed.

I lucked into a relatively correct October '44 SA several years ago on a mail order field grade from the CMP. It had the original barrel, lock bar sights and this stock...
    slXpV7q.jpg

Sadly, a Winchester receiver with a Winchester barrel still eludes me.
    That is such a cool stock! It must have been the transition after Col Woody died! History, one of the MANY reasons I love guns...

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My Dad before he passed gave me his M-1 he bought in a Detroit Pawn shop for $55 dollars back in 1955, as a Korean War Army Veteran he used it for Deer hunting most of his life, all i know is that it is still in good shape, a Springfield marked OCT 41.

INgunner54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    This really reminds me that I need a grand in the worst way. I've been on the camp site several times and for some reason always back out like an idiot

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    This really reminds me that I need a grand in the worst way. I've been on the camp site several times and for some reason always back out like an idiot

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I am seriously doubting the "a" part of your post.

My first was a H&R that had a bad chamber to where the third time you fired it it would fail to extract. Re-barreled it and it is good to go.

Next I got my 5 digit SA in mint condition (totally re-done by the CMP) that I don't shoot.

Then my '45 SA that is my shooter.

A June '44 SA that I sold to get my '54 IH Service Grade.

A Correct Grade SA from a buddy here on Ingo.

A few in between and now the Winnie.

Just when you think you are done, they pull you back in...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    My Dad before he passed gave me his M-1 he bought in a Detroit Pawn shop for $55 dollars back in 1955, as a Korean War Army Veteran he used it for Deer hunting most of his life, all i know is that it is still in good shape, a Springfield marked OCT 41.
    That one is a keeper! Make sure to write the history down so it doesn't get lost in time.

My dad was 6'1", blond with blue eyes. When he was to go to Korea after training they pulled him aside and asked if he would volunteer for special duty. The skuttlebutt in the military is to never volunteer for anything but he thought, 'what the heck?'

The duty he unknowing volunteered for was Embassy Duty in Japan. Gen MacAurthur knew that tall, blond, blue eyed men were seen as demi gods in Japan and wanted as many of the new recruits that fit the bill sent his way.

My dad did two tours in Tokyo polishing and cleaning everything. They especially disliked constantly cleaning the M1. One day while cleaning their rifles his buddy said, "You know, when I get out I am gonna get me one of these." To which my dad answered, "You are crazy! Why?" His buddy said he wanted to set it in the corner of his garage and **** (sounds like hiss) on it every time he went past and watch it slowly rust to death.

Needless to say, I didn't get an M1 from my dad...

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes my father killed well over 30-40 Michigan Bucks with it, now safe and secure with a few hundred rounds of black tip AP, I will pass it on soon to my son.

Top Bottom