• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Alright, I'll play.

Still in the realm of reality...or eventual plans.

I have always wanted a little British sports car. For my money, the MGA is the prettiest of the bunch.

However, MGAs are not cars to drive a lot and their prices have been getting pretty dear. I also like MGBs and good versions of these are easy to find for reasonable money. I Triumph TR5 of TR6 would be great- love the 6 cyl., but while the purchase price is about the same as an MGB, parts are a bit more.

I say all that to say this....I'm keeping an eye out for a late Cadillac XLR, after they corrected the Northstar head stud issue, so 2007-2009. Not a little British car, sure, but a convertible with air and I can drive it anywhere i want to. Besides, I am not a small man, nor am I getting younger.

CADILLAC_XLR-V-Series-2006_main.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Did you see the Instagram post for this? They referred to it as a "station wagon," proving their Britishness.

10/10 would get that stuck somewhere and have a grand time doing so.

No, I get a daily automotive news feed. They did a short piece on it. $260k. Supercharged V8.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    As Jay Leno once said, “If you want comfort, go buy a couch.”

When I'm driving a vehicle, I want comfort. Whether I'm going down the street to pick up some beers, or driving 600 miles to visit a relative, or just driving around with the wife and kids to explore on the weekend, or drag racing a guy when neither one of us would admit to what was under the hood, or driving 3800 miles in 4 days to get to my next duty station, I want comfort.

I like powerful and streamlined exotics. I really do. The engineering and aerodynamics are amazing. I appreciate them. Having operated some, I came to appreciate the feeling of driving your living room around the world.

Give me a bench seat.

Last edited by a moderator:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sitting at a light the other day. Beautiful weather and noticed more than a few classics rolling around. I saw something Dark jade roll up in my mirror and assume the position on my right side. It was a 1970 Olds W-30 442 in my favorite color scheme with white stripes. And it had some balls. I followed it for a while. Steel wheels body color with the simple dog bowl caps. Beautiful. The exhaust could not keep a secret as to what it had for a heart.

Then coming the other way was a 70 split bumper Gen II Camaro Goldish with black stripes. Had the proper stance and the lakewoods were obvious. It rumbled by the other way and I could only but imagine a speed contest between those to Iconic offerings. I was suddenly in my youth again.......:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Probably doesn't qualify as a "dream car", but I would sure like to have my first car again (and money for a good paint job). It was a 1960 Olds 98 that belonged to my dad's former boss. It had sat in his garage for 5 years so the engine was seized, but Dad was able to get it freed up. That thing had every option on it. Power windows, power locks, power steering, power brakes, power adjustable seats, and best of all, the "Wonder Bar" on the (tube) radio.

The Wonder Bar was basically a frequency scanner that would search for radio stations with a strong enough signal to pick up. I believe it even had a sensitivity adjustment. There was a bar on top of the face of the radio that you would push, and then the dial would start moving across until it found a station. The best part though, was the switch on the floor.

Down next to the dimmer switch on the floor was a second switch that was connected to the Wonder Bar, so that by stepping on it, you would make the radio change stations. I had the most fun messing with passengers by pointing my finger at the radio and appearing to change the station, since they wouldn't be watching my left foot. So many people would try waving their hands all over in front of the radio to try and get it to change stations! :):

Now, keep in mind that this was in the late 70's and I can neither confirm nor deny that peoples' perceptions may or may not have been chemically altered. :whistle:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    DD, my first car was not too far off from that Olds.

It was a '64 Cutlass. 330 V8 with a Powerglide (which was called a Super Turbine 300 in Olds and Buicks). Black with Cragar SS wheels and redline polyglas tires.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Oh, if I could have my '66 Chevy pickup back, with the patchouli incense and love beads hanging off the rear view mirror and the spot light in the driver's side door for head lighting...

Top Bottom