• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Has former professed anti-2A Democrat POTUS candidate Tulsi Gabbard had a change of heart about the 2nd Amendment? If so, what motivated her in doing so. Is it legit or is it a case of "for me and not for thee?"

Eh, I figured that'd eventually follow as she is becoming more and more shunned by her own base.

She's always been willing to explore a belief different from her base, and as polarization continues to worsen, it's likely she's getting a wake up call that she's trying to break bread with the wrong crowd.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Politically savvy, she'll drain all the attention she gets from dropping out before making her next announcement. It won't be in a YouTube comment. Hell, look at how product releases are announced now. Announcements about upcoming announcements, "leaks", etc. to drag it out as long as possible to compete in the crowded information marketplace.
    I fully understand there is a reason why she only said that she is leaving the Democrat party and not announced that she is joining the Republican party. I was just in search of some clarification because I'm sure that a lot of people on both sides just assume that she is joining the Republican party.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Has former professed anti-2A Democrat POTUS candidate Tulsi Gabbard had a change of heart about the 2nd Amendment? If so, what motivated her in doing so. Is it legit or is it a case of "for me and not for thee?"

She's a leftist ***** using the nut jobs even further left to make her look reasonable by comparison.....but make no doubt....she is still a leftist *****.

Just trying to push left more slowly than most dems....just like most republicans.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    She's a leftist ***** using the nut jobs even further left to make her look reasonable by comparison.....but make no doubt....she is still a leftist *****.

True, but she is hot.

e1efc24e57b170abf4290615f93becf2.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For many, that will be enough.
    Well, since the likelihood of her moving to Indiana where I would actually be able to vote for her is pretty much nil, it's enough for me. :naughty:

On a side note, if she did move here, and I was single, and we happened to meet, the likelihood of her being attracted to me is equally nil. :lmfao:

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Well, since the likelihood of her moving to Indiana where I would actually be able to vote for her is pretty much nil, it's enough for me. :naughty:

On a side note, if she did move here, and I was single, and we happened to meet, the likelihood of her being attracted to me is equally nil. :lmfao:
    Ditto DD.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    ...hence the discussion of a new 3rd party. I wasn't talking about her joining the Republican party, though I suppose that is an option as well. The idea is Democrats and Republicans *both* leaving their current party to form a new 3rd party. If it comes to fruition or not, who knows, but it's a better idea than a bunch of no names continuing to do nothing as Libertarians or Greens or whatever for a viable 3rd party.
    Since republicans are to the left of 1980’s democrats just what would this “moderate“ party even have to offer? Democrat lite?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have a feeling that part of any "common sense moderate party" of disenchanted donkeys and elephants will include "common sense gun control that we all can agree on". Also "common sense reproductive rights that we all can agree on".

Strike two, yer out.
    BINGO!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Since republicans are to the left of 1980’s democrats just what would this “moderate“ party even have to offer? Democrat lite?

1980's Republicans and St. Reagan passed the GCA of '86, so who knows. From the questions, they are trying to figure out what support various things have, how strongly people feel about it, etc. Guns, abortion, fiscal policy, border security, etc.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There are a lot of people who would vote for a moderately liberal person who rejects full leftism. Also, there are people who find themselves wondering if they are more towards the center than they thought they were even though their beliefs haven't changed. Both parties going full rage-monster all the time leaves an opening for left and right of center moderates.
    Since republicans are to the left of traditional democrats what exactly are they raging about?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    1980's Republicans and St. Reagan passed the GCA of '86, so who knows. From the questions, they are trying to figure out what support various things have, how strongly people feel about it, etc. Guns, abortion, fiscal policy, border security, etc.
    As many here complain that there is little difference between republicans and dems, largely because of the likes of Murkowski, Collins, and Romney, all this can possibly be is democrat lite. What ground can there be to hold that is not held? Anything else on the issues you name and they will be more conservative…

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    As evidenced by comments here; a pair of mammeries and silliness ensues…
    I think you are getting your panties in a bunch for no reason. Why would a third party have anything to do with the Democrats OR Republicans OR Tulsi Gabbard? How about a party for America, the Constitution & freedom. Period.? If it takes a revolution, so be it. Much better than this long downward spiral we are on.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think you are getting your panties in a bunch for no reason. Why would a third party have anything to do with the Democrats OR Republicans OR Tulsi Gabbard? How about a party for America, the Constitution & freedom. Period.? If it takes a revolution, so be it. Much better than this long downward spiral we are on.
    I don’t wear panties. Just calling spades, spades. There are three threads here on a political nobody that apparently a bunch of men drool over.

As for the third party quote, that sounds a lot like something i heard before, oh, yes, it was a Trump slogan…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom