What is the rarest firearm you have seen someone with at the range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Okay, it was a private range and an NFA shoot; but, the MG42's rate of fire, experienced first hand, blew my mind. I gained an whole new insight as to what those fellas who crossed those beachs June 6th, 1944 faced.
    llPjMqG.jpg

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Several by the same guy tha has a Class 3. 1916 German Artillery Luger, 1917 Colt Machine gun, A Maxim MG, MP40 and several others

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Okay, it was a private range and an NFA shoot; but, the MG42's rate of fire, experienced first hand, blew my mind. I gained an whole new insight as to what those fellas who crossed those beachs June 6th, 1944 faced.
    llPjMqG.jpg

Hip fired spooky.

flylo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2017
    decatur
    My wife told me when we married 40 years in a month I could have anything but another woman. I never understood that wanted 2 or more. That was the best deal I could ever get & I've taken her up on it for 40 years, gunshop, Full machine shopguns, planes, hunting camps, scuba & skydiving, motocross, etc, etc. If you buy it right you can use it & make a bit when you sell it. Tried to teach my sons that & you can learn from anyone, what to do & what not to do. It never took.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Can't say I've ever seen anything ultra rare. I've seen special editions or one year only variants of different firearms. Worth a bit, but as they look like their peers for the most part, not what I'd consider rare.

My wallet fears the day I see a Johnson rifle in person, up for sale.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Can't say I've ever seen anything ultra rare. I've seen special editions or one year only variants of different firearms. Worth a bit, but as they look like their peers for the most part, not what I'd consider rare.

My wallet fears the day I see a Johnson rifle in person, up for sale.
    I saw a Johnson rifle at the gun show last weekend in Terre Haute. A guy was carrying it around. He wanted 7k. Maybe worth it, maybe not, but I didn’t investigate further.

Reactions: RCB

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    3-4 is as high as I would go. But pristine examples I could certainly see. 7k it would have to be pretty correct I would think, but inflation is hitting so fast it's hard to say.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I’ve seen and shot some neat ones. I think the rarest I’ve got to play with would be a transferable Beretta M12. There are a few post samples in country but only a vet fee that are transferable. It was a sweet shooter!

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    My wildcat deer rifle from forty years ago.
    There's only one and I still have the chamber reamer.

Top Bottom