What is the rarest firearm you have seen someone with at the range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drm-hp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    There is a fella that will bring a m1941 Johnson out to a vintage match that is put on at CCRC in Williamston, Michigan every couple years. Also saw a Peterson Device on an 1903 Springfield once, never saw it fire though.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I don't know that it qualifies as rare, but it's one of my more unusual guns. Vetterli Carcano M1870/87/15, rechambered from the original Swiss 10.4x38 mm rimfire to 6.5 Carcano. I like it for its kind of "Steam Punk" looks.

View attachment 141919

If you actually shoot one of those, you are a braver man than me! I hope you are using reduced loads.

For the OP, I have taken an all matching, mint condition, German G43 to the range.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you actually shoot one of those, you are a braver man than me! I hope you are using reduced loads.

For the OP, I have taken an all matching, mint condition, German G43 to the range.
    I've shot it with PPU Carcano ammo with no issues. But no, I'm not sending thousands of rounds downrange with it for sure!

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Haven’t seen many rare guns at point blank south that weren’t mine. (Nothing too expensive just rare or kind of oddball things) I usually see a lot of glocks, Taurus, snub nose revolvers, and ar/Ak pistols thst constantly jam. It never fails.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I've seen me drag this down to Martinsville. AR 180 Howa with the 3x metric marked scope. Taking a chance on breaking something.:nailbite:
    PXbcUVf.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For me, its a toss up between Two INGOers. Either Beowulf's black powder cannon, or another INGOer's AMT Automag in .30cal. The latter was a flamethrower and was a hoot to shoot.

Top Bottom