What is the end all/be all 300blk out pistol/rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    Thank you for all the great replies. In in the end decided on 2 guns.
    #1: I made the "mistake" of handling a Q Honey Badger and couldn't shake it. Options available for it were sort of limited but I went with the SBR version and just going to make it a 2 stamp gun. This one has a 7in barrel. The pistols were similar in price and the stocks were back ordered and expensive when in stock anyway. Already have a 1-4 Trijicon LPVO that just makes sense to put on it. Probably order the Trash Panda can for it. Been looking for an excuse to order it or the Thunder chicken anyway.
    Screenshot_20230405_224246_Chrome.jpg
    #2: Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 300BLK. I actually love the Ruger American series and the ranch rifle fits the bill. They're nice and short, ergonomic for me, and already threaded. There is something about them when you pick one up they're just comfortable. Not sure about optic yet but I don't see much use in anything past 6x power for the cartridge if you even need that much. Excited to see how quiet this one can get.
    Thank you again for the replies and help.
    Screenshot_20230405_224408_Chrome.jpg

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    ...You definitely need a pistol gas system or suppressed subs will not cycle reliably. I have found some powders listed for sub loads will not generate enough pressure to cycle reliably. AA1680 seems to work well for me in both mine. I load from 110gr to 190gr Sub X rounds. Both seem to eat everything so far.
    This ^^^ Mine is also a 10.5" barrel with a pistol gas system!
    I too reload 300BLK (subs and supers). I have had excellent success with Hodgdon H110 and their reloading data.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had built up an 8.5" AR pistol in 300BO several years back. That proved to me that I liked it so when I saw Sig selling Virtus 9.5" upper kits last fall, I picked one up for HD. Wow, that's a really nice setup for a supressed HD gun.

If I were shopping for another, I'd be looking almost only Sigs for this use. I'd love to find a Canebrake or Rattler but those can be pricey. Even the Virtus upper kit was $1399. They are very nice though and to me, represent the top of the heap.

Top Bottom