What is the end all/be all 300blk out pistol/rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    I am about to jump into 300 black out with both feet. It's a new to me owning of the round though I have shot a few.
    Honestly I'm a little overwhelmed with information.....
    For starters I love suppressors, even have 6 in jail at the moment. Figured I should get into 300BO as sort of a result.

What would be your end all/be all 300BO? As I get more into and assume I'll like it, currently not looking for a PDW but that's not off the table either. I would say I'm mainly looking at suppressor host and hunting.

The idea of the integrally suppressed 300BOs look great, especially the Leonidas from Liberty Suppressors or Daniel Defences DDM4ISR. That way I still have rifle length without a can hanging off the front, and of course benefits like consistent accuracy, heat dissipation, etc

I'm also not afraid of a 2 stamp gun something like the pdw pistols turned into a SBR is fine by me as well. Something like the Q Sugar Weasels or the PSA Jakl come to mind. I really don't want unnecessary length or weight of a barrel so I'd love to keep it under 10 or so inches.

So guys and gals , I'd love some opinions, ideas, hell mislead me down another route, ..... I'm open to anything .... and I mean anything I even was considering the Fightlite raider, because man I love a raptor grip

Screenshot_20230403_195648_Chrome.jpg

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    i own a couple of 300blks. a 16in rifle and a 10.5in pistol. i have shot a couple of suppressed 300blk pistols.

do a lot of research. even if you are buying one pre-built. read a lot of reviews. it seems like the sugar weasel and the sig rattler are top choices right now. the ad you show is one that i check out but honestly haven't researched.

i decided to start with an entry level brand based on a posting from @DadSmith for a budget ar15.

at3 tactical has some really good articles on 300blk as well as ar15s in general.

do some homework up front. it'll save you some headaches later

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    i own a couple of 300blks. a 16in rifle and a 10.5in pistol. i have shot a couple of suppressed 300blk pistols.

do a lot of research. even if you are buying one pre-built. read a lot of reviews. it seems like the sugar weasel and the sig rattler are top choices right now. the ad you show is one that i check out but honestly haven't researched.

i decided to start with an entry level brand based on a posting from @DadSmith for a budget ar15.

at3 tactical has some really good articles on 300blk as well as ar15s in general.

Thank you, I feel like somewhere between ive scratched the surface and there is a vast amount of information. I really hate buying a gun just to hate it. I'll keep looking.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Ruger American in 300BO subs with a can is super quiet as most bolt guns with suppressors.

MCX or an ar build would probably be more fun if you prefer fast shooting.
    Ya know I kinda lost my way looking at ARs, I do love a good bolt gun and already have a Ruger American in 6.5prc (go wild, bronze barreled edition).If my goal is to really suppress the sound obviously I need to go this route. I Appreciate that.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Threshold question: what do you want to do with it? As described you may want to look at a SIG RSAR.

I have one for GP/hunting. LWRCI M6 16" tube with 110 grainers, different purpose.

View attachment 267608

Though I generally know what I want to do, maybe I'm trying to do too much with 1 firearm. I appreciate the info, the Sig MCX RSAR wasn't even on my radar.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

That Radical right?
    If so that was a steal.
    How has it preformed so far? Reliable? Accurate?

I'm thinking about building a 300blk out all I need is a barrel and maybe a bcg. However I may have one laying around, or just take one our of one of my 5.56x45mm.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    That Radical right?
    If so that was a steal.
    How has it preformed so far? Reliable? Accurate?

I'm thinking about building a 300blk out all I need is a barrel and maybe a bcg. However I may have one laying around, or just take one our of one of my 5.56x45mm.
    sure was. it has performed a lot better than expected for being a "budget" rifle. they're still around the same price. i ended up getting a radical 10.5in as well. about 700 rnds throught the 16in and 210 rnds through the 10.5in. all flawless. my best gal even bought a radical 330blk.

once i got my optics dialed in they both have been tack drivers. i have noticed they require a lot of cleaning/lubrication but i'm good with that

i've been debating on a radical 5.56 here lately

so many guns...not enough money or arms

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Thank you, I feel like somewhere between ive scratched the surface and there is a vast amount of information. I really hate buying a gun just to hate it. I'll keep looking.
    the ruger american suggested would be a good start if you're not partial to the ar15 pattern.

if you do decide on an ar15, you definitely want to do your research when it comes to gas systems. both of my radicals have a pistol length gas system. from what i've read pistol lenght is better because of lower pressures of the 300blk round, especially suppressed.

if you know of anyone with a 300blk, see if you can shoot theirs. i'll gladly volunteer mine if we can set up a playdate

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    the ruger american suggested would be a good start if you're not partial to the ar15 pattern.

if you do decide on an ar15, you definitely want to do your research when it comes to gas systems. both of my radicals have a pistol length gas system. from what i've read pistol lenght is better because of lower pressures of the 300blk round, especially suppressed.

if you know of anyone with a 300blk, see if you can shoot theirs. i'll gladly volunteer mine if we can set up a playdate
    Thank you, very much appreciated. Fortunately I have some people that have a couple so I can test things a little.
    I've read multiple times about the pistol length gas system, and have read tuning your own build is basically just part of it. I'm not afraid of that but if I end up buying a complete factory rifle anyway I'm sure there will be some tuning

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Thank you, very much appreciated. Fortunately I have some people that have a couple so I can test things a little.
    I've read multiple times about the pistol length gas system, and have read tuning your own build is basically just part of it. I'm not afraid of that but if I end up buying a complete factory rifle anyway I'm sure there will be some tuning
    the closest i've come to tuning has been keeping the gas tube cleaned. i've noticed a build up around the bcg end after about 150 rounds.

i'm slowly collecting parts for my own build. i have a lower, parts kits, and furniture. i want to try an adjustable gas block with a carbine length gas system

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I am about to jump into 300 black out with both feet. It's a new to me owning of the round though I have shot a few.
    For starters I love suppressors, even have 6 in jail at the moment. Figured I should get into 300BO as sort of a result.

What would be your end all/be all 300BO? As I get more into and assume I'll like it, currently not looking for a PDW but that's not off the table either. I would say I'm mainly looking at suppressor host and hunting.

The idea of the integrally suppressed 300BOs look great, especially the Leonidas from Liberty Suppressors or Daniel Defences DDM4ISR. That way I still have rifle length without a can hanging off the front, and of course benefits like consistent accuracy, heat dissipation, etc

I'm also not afraid of a 2 stamp gun something like the pdw pistols turned into a SBR is fine by me as well. Something like the Q Sugar Weasels or the PSA Jakl come to mind. I really don't want unnecessary length or weight of a barrel so I'd love to keep it under 10 or so inches.

So guys and gals , I'd love some opinions, ideas, hell mislead me down another route, ..... I'm open to anything .... and I mean anything I even was considering the Fightlite raider, because man I love a raptor grip
    I start with a different mind-set than most here when it comes to subsonic:
    I start with a goal, then I choose the can, then I choose the platform.

I have two 300BLK platforms for my .300 cans:
    1. Bolt action: Ruger American Ranch
    2. Semi-auto: home built AR
    The 1st one is super easy since I had already built a titanium Form 1 can.
    The goals were/are:
    1. Shoot both subs and supers
    2. Bolt action platform
    3. Lightweight (sort of)
    4. Small (ish)
    5. Easy to work on
    6. Low cost
    It is super quiet. here are 5 supers and 3 subs. The noise from the wind and the action tell you how quiet this platform be:
    (Please excuse the issue I had with the magazine malfunction. Ended up swapping out the mag altogether.)

The second build was more complicated because the goals were totally different.
    The goals were/are:
    2. Semi-auto AR platform
    3. NO screwing around with gas blocks or changing of components...EVER
    4. Less gas in my face than traditional baffle cans.
    5. Lightweight (sort of)
    6. Small (ish)
    7. Easy to work on
    8. Cost...bought most parts on sale. Including optics, etc; still less than any DD or other Gucci AR out there.

This weapon shoots supers and subs with no issues what-so-ever. No FTF, no FTE, bolt locks back every time, no shitloads of gas in my face, and NO screwing around with adjustable gas blocks or any other component changes. It just eats 300BLK...

You can see this build here:

And before anyone who says OSS (HuxWrx) cans suck...you need to stop spewing FUD and actually shoot one.

Let me know if you want any build info or to shoot one of these.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    I start with a different mind-set than most here when it comes to subsonic:
    I start with a goal, then I choose the can, then I choose the platform.

I have two 300BLK platforms for my .300 cans:
    1. Bolt action: Ruger American Ranch
    2. Semi-auto: home built AR
    The 1st one is super easy since I had already built a titanium Form 1 can.
    The goals were/are:
    2. Bolt action platform
    3. Lightweight (sort of)
    4. Small (ish)
    5. Easy to work on
    6. Low cost
    It is super quiet. here are 5 supers and 3 subs. The noise from the wind and the action tell you how quiet this platform be:
    (Please excuse the issue I had with the magazine malfunction. Ended up swapping out the mag altogether.)

The second build was more complicated because the goals were totally different.
    The goals were/are:
    2. Semi-auto AR platform
    3. NO screwing around with gas blocks or changing of components...EVER
    4. Less gas in my face than traditional baffle cans.
    5. Lightweight (sort of)
    6. Small (ish)
    7. Easy to work on
    8. Cost...bought most parts on sale. Including optics, etc; still less than any DD or other Gucci AR out there.

This weapon shoots supers and subs with no issues what-so-ever. No FTF, no FTE, bolt locks back every time, no shitloads of gas in my face, and NO screwing around with adjustable gas blocks or any other component changes. It just eats 300BLK...

You can see this build here:

And before anyone who says OSS (HuxWrx) cans suck...you need to stop spewing FUD and actually shoot one.

Let me know if you want any build info or to shoot one of these.
    This is an incredible response. Thank you. You're right, I need to sit down and plan it out instead of getting ahead of myself. I really like both of what you did, maybe I need to follow suit and address what I want with 2 guns. I very much appreciate this.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I got in to the round first and built platforms around it. As a reloader and a caster it has quickly become my favorite Ranch round because it is so versatile.

My H&R Handi Rifle is my hands down favorite, but I have several AR Pistols and Rifles, one of which is the critter gun with light and laser I grab for varmints in the chicken yard. I was pretty peeved when Mossberg announced their bolt gun using AR mags at SHOT a few years ago that turned out to be vaporware.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach

View attachment 267534
    Are you open to a build or just looking to buy factory? If you’re open to a build, I’ve been really impressed with the 9” BCM barrel. I imagine others have been as well because they can be difficult to find in stock.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I built a 10.5" 300 Blk and it eats subs and supers no problem. Currently the wife gun so I decided to build another for myself. I was intrigued with folding stocks and the Dolos system. I ended up putting together a 7.5" with the Dolos take down system and a Law tactical folding stock. It eats both subs and supers as well without any issues. I have a Dead Air Sandman on it that works great.
    You definitely need a pistol gas system or suppressed subs will not cycle reliably. I have found some powders listed for sub loads will not generate enough pressure to cycle reliably. AA1680 seems to work well for me in both mine. I load from 110gr to 190gr Sub X rounds. Both seem to eat everything so far.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom