What is the correct response? (alternate title: keeping your pimp hand strong)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Of course I'm biased, I've been teaching this stuff for years. Reverse the rolls and yes, I'd be saying the same thing about her. But a little less on the self respect since SHE is significantly smaller than the aggressor. BUT, her ability to see and respond to pre-attack indicators is ever more critical because she is much smaller and unable to absorb hit well. Like I stated, she's the only one that broke the law (if we take the video at face value). What she did was Misd battery, rude touch that caused pain. I guess it was violence and it was an attack. But when you put the terms together, it really describes something more than "my face stings". Felony level battery, significant injuries and/or weapons. Now, the first rule of fighting is avoid fighting if possible. "No burden". Well, I guess if you LIKE getting hit, go for it. If you actually pay attention to pre-attack indicators, then you USE them to avoid being attacked. If there was NO video and her slap didn't leave any visible marks (sometimes happens) and her injuries were visible, guess who could be going to jail? ESPECIALLY if there is a domestic relationship.

It seems like you are applying your standards to other people.

Putting the words (violent attack) together does nothing more than describe what happened, a violent attack. Having said that, a violent attack can be interpreted by the person hearing it multiple ways. It can be a large child striking a small child with multiple haymakers while on the ground, it can mean a woman putting all of her weight behind a strike intended to harm another person, or it can mean 12 jihadists attacking elderly nuns with machetes. Violent attack does not automatically mean felony level battery unless you assign that meaning to it. It is a phrase with multiple possible interpretations. None necessarily wrong.

You are assuming that everyone has an awareness of violence and a familiarity with it. That is a poor assumption. Most people live their lives in blissful ignorance and think words are violence.

Taking what you said to an extreme example would be like saying a rape victim should have had better situational awareness and should have been carrying a gun when they weren't. 'Well, I guess if you LIKE getting raped, go for it.'

It seems you are making multiple assumptions based on your opinion and projecting your standards onto others. That is not reasonable.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The response was a bit much..

You don't hit ladies, but there are plenty of ways to restrain assailants that you aren't much worried about taking a few hits from.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    As a man, if i let myself get in a situation where i have to really hard strike a woman, i have really screwed up.

Fighting a female is like fighting a child or invalid. There is no glory in the win and plenty of opportunities for disgrace.

I try not to fight anyone because i am very delicate and dont like getting my shoes scuffed.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I've got a buddy well disciplied in martial arts and boxing. His wife is very petite save for her big mouth.

She seems to enjoy running her big mouth to antagonize folks to the point they want to ***** slap her. Then she screams for her husband to step in and do something.

What a **** show.

I suggested my buddy get that ***** under control before she gets them both in a bad spot.
    My body guard syndrome!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    As a man, if i let myself get in a situation where i have to really hard strike a woman, i have really screwed up.

Fighting a female is like fighting a child or invalid. There is no glory in the win and plenty of opportunities for disgrace.

I try not to fight anyone because i am very delicate and dont like getting my shoes scuffed.
    To a point, but all bets are off when there is a weapon in the equation.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    SO lets change the scene a bit, what if he was 100lbs and she was 200lbs, does that make a difference?

What if it was a frying pan and not her hand?

Should a man NEVER hit a woman (this for those saying to walk away, block etc..).

Above was mentioned that men don't hit women because of size difference and damage that can be done. is it truly a size issue or a gender issue?

Absolute statements are rarely correct. Never isn't a word to use if a person operates in reality. Another member disclosed knocking out a female that pointed a gun at his head. I don't think anyone can fault him including the legal system.

I remember going on runs for domestics on a couple that lived west of 30th and MLK. The guy was about 140lbs and was regularly beaten, and had been stabbed, by his girlfriend. She was about 140......... kilograms.

It's not just gender. It's disparity of force.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wonder if behavior like this from women is increasing.

If it is, how much is it linked to males becoming more feminine.
    Look at all the action flicks. They depict heroines kicking fit trained men’s asses in ways that defies credulity. Of course it’s all fantasy, so fare enough. But how much does that feed the delusion? Girls grow up believing in girl power.

That woman in the video looked like she didn’t get the outcome she expected. Mike Tyson said everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. She had that “oh, ****, I stand zero chance against that” kind of look on her face as she stood up and realized she doesn’t really have a plan. Like she learned for the first time how frail she was compared to him.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I've lived by, and taught my 2 boys 2 basic rules.

1. Don't hit women. Defend yourself, but don't hit women.
    -unless-
    2. If she goes for the junk, all bets are off. Make sure she NEVER forgets the pain associated with a low blow. Stupid should hurt.

However, as I get older, and the majority of females out there are not ladies, I feel like I'm beginning to agree with Rookie. If she is man enough to throw a punch, she better be man enough to take one.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Turn around and walk away. Plain and simple. Keep walking she can yell all she wants but keep walking.

If she's starts attacking you from the back and won't stop. Then you do what ya gotta do.

Top Bottom