• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I got a call this morning from some guy wanting to sell me his Savage 410 22 with a broken firing pin. He got my # from a local company. Since I bought a couple shotguns from them I am now an avid rifle collector. At least that is what they told him :)

Anyway he had the gun checked out & it has a broken firing pin that can be fixed for $40 supposedly.

Is an over under Savage with a broken firing pin collectible if I get it fixed? Is it worth $110 and the hassle and cost of getting it fixed?

He claims this is a rare Savage rifle. He is going to send me pics so hopefully I will know more later.

Thanks for any insight anyone has.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Should be a savage model 24. Not rare as there were millions built but a very nice all in one rilfe shotgun combo none the less. Lots of different models and calibers but the 22 lr over 410 is one of the most popular. I have a couple and back in the day paid about 100 a barrel but know 400 and up seems to be the going rate.

I know lots about them and the fireing pin is not really all that bad to replace. Lately the price had been going up since savage discontinued them but surprise:SAVAGE HAS BROUGHT THEM BACK. So the demand can now be met by the retail market instead of the used market only so prices might level off.

PS THE NEW ONES DON"T LOOK OR FEEL LIKE THE OLD ONES.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The last ones I saw at the 1500 were priced at $350 - $400.
    I'd say look at Numrich for the cost of the part and Savage24.com to figure out how tough the pin replacement is. You should be able to get a quick $250 - $300 out of it.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Not exactly rare in .22/410. Every gun is rare to a know it all salesman. I bought one a few months ago for $300. There were other calibers that were a bit less common. 22 mag/410 would be worth a bit more etc. 2 basic models, the old ones had the switch for the barrels on the side of the receiver and newer ones had it around the hammer. $110 isnt too bad if its a $40 fix. Fun guns too Id keep it for myself.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    i have one...and i wont sell you mine :)
    i love it. great little guns. i dont see them often but i see them enough to know they arent rare...hard to get as everyone i talk to loves theirs. but all in all if the price is right 150-200 total out the door repaired cost is as high as i would wander on it. But repaired they are great small game guns. absolutely wonderful. cant hit it with the .22....get it with the 410 buck. I found i used the buck to knock off the barking squirrels on the sides of trees.

Top Bottom