• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Been walking the fields after harvest. Collecting corn that was left.
    Ill shuck it and shell it. Then grind it and add it to my sweet feed for the goats.
    That used to work for me until the land changed rental farmers who farm the fields now. The new combine leaves not a half ear of corn anywhere. The old machine left a lot of ears. Last year they must have had trouble in loading or left a gate open cause there was a nice pile of shelled corn all in one spot.

I did find several seed packages for sale cheap and bought most of them. The radishes are the ones I love also.

Goodfoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    Noblesville
    Anybody here switch their generators to natural gas (tri-fuel) carbs? I was looking into that.
    Also swapped out my gas cans to refill for winter, added stabilizer. Was going to buy a water container but figured if things go south I'll wash and fill the trash cans and bath tubs with water. Also have 40gal of bottled water extra.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Got a 6.5 Generac for my 91 year old Mothers house to run her house in case of electric outages this winter. Flip off the main at the house and plug it in down in the shed and she'll be good to go. Had to borrow a genny last winter but not any more.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Anybody here switch their generators to natural gas (tri-fuel) carbs? I was looking into that.
    Also swapped out my gas cans to refill for winter, added stabilizer. Was going to buy a water container but figured if things go south I'll wash and fill the trash cans and bath tubs with water. Also have 40gal of bottled water extra.

No ng to our house. Is in neighborhood but not to our house. Else would have gone that route

Trying to make gee today. Taking forever.

efd1295

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Northern IN

Yes, I’ve done two now. One for me and one for my dad. They work perfect. Mine is set to run off NG and my dad’s is set to run off propane. Same kit was used for both, just an adjustment on the regulator and you’re off and running.

This is the kit I used on both: https://motorsnorkel.com/conversion-kits/

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I think that only pertains to if you have dirt in the fuel tank.

But I am nowhere close to pretending to be a mechanic, or knowledgeable in anything.

jkholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Mooreland
    Our work this week:
    Working on new / upgraded chicken coop
    Built new raised garden bed (x2) (one is 8ft x 4ft and the other is 12ft x 3ft)

Next week:
    Continue work on new chicken coop
    Finish new chicken run
    Complete additional raised garden bed

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Rotated my cans, Found some cans of green beans from 2010 (12 pack) some how I missed that box. Tossed them at the dumpster at my daughters place in Bloomington. Homeless picked it out by the time I left.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Ammo delivered. Had to buy 13 boxes to used the discount code. Still hard paying today's prices.

20211216_173818.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was down to three dozen eggs, so I bought ten dozen more. I eat a lot of eggs and they store a long time.

There didn't seem to be any egg, meat, dairy shortage at the Kroger Gucci, but I keep hearing stories in the news?

I don't make regular scheduled grocery trips, so it made sense to pick up a few qt's of cream and blocks of cheese. These dairy products have weeks/months out expiration dates. Carefully rotated the stock in the backup fridge.

Also picked up a couple of on sale pork loins. Not my favorite cut, but like I tell the daughter; You gotta learn how to like the under $2 a pound meat.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Also picked up a couple of on sale pork loins. Not my favorite cut, but like I tell the daughter; You gotta learn how to like the under $2 a pound meat.
    I cut chops from pork loins. A little bit of sage/onion or barbecue sauce covers a multitude of sins.

Top Bottom