• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    We found this at GFS a couple weeks ago. Tonight we cracked open a can to see how it was. If SHTF I would be happy to have it. For normal, regular use. .meh. I would actually rate it a step below Taco Bell "meat". To be fair, the girls actually liked it and they can be a bit picky. Not a bad item to add to the food storage room but for Taco Tuesdays, I would pass.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    We found this at GFS a couple weeks ago. Tonight we cracked open a can to see how it was. If SHTF I would be happy to have it. For normal, regular use. .meh. I would actually rate it a step below Taco Bell "meat". To be fair, the girls actually liked it and they can be a bit picky. Not a bad item to add to the food storage room but for Taco Tuesdays, I would pass.

Does it contain TVP? If not I may pick some up. All of it I have seen for sale thus far(and I have looked) has had TVP.

Found it. TVP(soy beans) 3rd ingredient after beef and water.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I repacked my EDC bag, (car/truck bag) pretty sure I need a bigger bag. Currently kicking tires for one of those.
    I'd agree with what smokingman said about Osprey. They are an outstanding pack that I see more of people carrying on the trail than anything else. Only gripe I have is that I've only found one that really "fits" me. That's more of a personal thing like buying a pair of shoes, or gloves. Aside from Osprey, I'd take a look at Mystery Ranch packs. They are built much more robust and fit my larger frame much better across the board. Only downside is that they're heavier in weight than an osprey, but some models can be pretty comparable.

Since last post, I recently did an overnighter with some new and old gear breaking in my mystery ranch two day assault pack. Tent, air pad, top quilt, food for one night, and whatever else I needed and I was fine. Had a nice dinner, got caught up on a great podcast, and had some peace and quiet.

I've been working with the chiropractor more to get back & body back into fully functional shape.

I'm making plans for the garden and expanding the chicken operation.

Got a chance to run the snow blower with all the recent snow fall.

Also, looking into TSA regulations for flying with firearms because with any luck there may be a trip to Alaska this fall again. All depends on flights and those kinds of costs.

Attachments

• 20230106_103423.jpg
      20230106_103423.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 6

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Order seeds from a few different places about a week ago. I also finished off a jar of peanut butter pretzels so I have a nice watertight place to store them. I had a Sunday off work so the pretzels with beer and football was a good combo.

Wife said order anything we need cause they might not be available when we want them. I did not go crazy but I have enough seed for a few years of normal planting or a year of we need to grow it all.

This week I measured out for a new garden the warm day we had. Staked it out and will be ordering a salvage tarp to get it whipped into shape sooner without as much work.

Next the mower and tiller seasonal tuneup will be underway. I should be good to go but make hay while the sun is shining. I promise to start the snow blower also to keep the snow away

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area

I have been looking for canned taco meat for years ........Looks very promising .
    I remember back in the 70`s ?.....Old Elpaso made some that was awesome .

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Found a good sale on toilet paper and paper towel bought a bunch in case there is another run on it, found a sale on alfalfa pellets ,we use them in the garden to help build soil, grabbed 10 bags, now for early spring!! Wife has been ordering seed, she went to a couple different companies as where she has been buying the seed just wasn't doing so good . Sorry to say it was a indiana company too.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Did some inventory of my reloading supplies last night. Realistically fine across the board, and grateful that years ago I was little overstocked in primers and powder. Makes it an easier decision to start in on a new project when I know it can be fed.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Through doing some clean up and inventory in the man cave I came across empty mags. That led me to look at pricing on XM193 and came across some at natchez shooting supplies for under $0.50 a round delivered. I haven't seen that ammo at that price in some time and I jumped on some.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Through doing some clean up and inventory in the man cave I came across empty mags. That led me to look at pricing on XM193 and came across some at natchez shooting supplies for under $0.50 a round delivered. I haven't seen that ammo at that price in some time and I jumped on some.
    Check out our local site advertiser. They are out of greenwood and have had the best prices of 9mm and 556 that I’ve seen in awhile. Makes reloading 9/556 not worth it at the cost of primers currently

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Check out our local site advertiser. They are out of greenwood and have had the best prices of 9mm and 556 that I’ve seen in awhile. Makes reloading 9/556 not worth it at the cost of primers currently

I'd never heard of this outfit before and that's a great deal! Everything I have is setup and zeroed to the Federal XM193 so I keep that consistent, but this website is on my radar now. Thanks for the heads up.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Restocked on cornmeal and flour, Got a bunch od small eggs from a local farmer cheap and in the process of freeze drying them we can do about 80 of the smalls at a time with our freeze dryer.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'd never heard of this outfit before and that's a great deal! Everything I have is setup and zeroed to the Federal XM193 so I keep that consistent, but this website is on my radar now. Thanks for the heads up.
    They are a legit outfit located in Greenwood just off Airport Blvd. I have ordered online and arranged to pick up. They are also a site supporter. It is not a retail operation.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Found a good sale on toilet paper and paper towel bought a bunch in case there is another run on it, found a sale on alfalfa pellets ,we use them in the garden to help build soil, grabbed 10 bags, now for early spring!! Wife has been ordering seed, she went to a couple different companies as where she has been buying the seed just wasn't doing so good . Sorry to say it was a indiana company too.
    Will you say? Cost of alfalfa pel’s. Per bag? Straw/hay bales will do the same to soil (fall till). Nitrogen leaches away quickly in poor soil with no legumes. Plant clover, after harvest and till. Check PH in spring.

Sugest a goat, feed pels to goat Inclosed on garden ground. Then till soil in March. Butcher goat in June for meat. JMO

Cleaning out any animal sheds and useing the spoils will do more than spending hard cash for soil improvements. (fall till) Chickens excepted, till as placed. It takes a bit more time.

Get a copy of “Old Farmers Almanac “ yep old but a ton of correct info. Best of luck.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Will you say? Cost of alfalfa pel’s. Per bag? Straw/hay bales will do the same to soil (fall till). Nitrogen leaches away quickly in poor soil with no legumes. Plant clover, after harvest and till. Check PH in spring.

Sugest a goat, feed pels to goat Inclosed on garden ground. Then till soil in March. Butcher goat in June for meat. JMO

Cleaning out any animal sheds and useing the spoils will do more than spending hard cash for soil improvements. (fall till) Chickens excepted, till as placed. It takes a bit more time.

Get a copy of “Old Farmers Almanac “ yep old but a ton of correct info. Best of luck.
    My residence is in the city, so the pellets work fine i got them for 11 dollars a bag, as to goats can't have them in town, and we have 2 ft tall raised beds behind privacy fence i use a little 2 cycle tiller to do spring break up, yes i tried hay bales and straw but it is hard toward in in raised beds. I do have property in the country, i have sweet corn there in summer, in the fall i have worked old hay in after plowing, then disc it in works good there, no livestock as i am not there everyday to care for them. Usually put out 2-3 acres of sweet corn and rotate it to different fields every year also.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    My residence is in the city, so the pellets work fine i got them for 11 dollars a bag, as to goats can't have them in town, and we have 2 ft tall raised beds behind privacy fence i use a little 2 cycle tiller to do spring break up, yes i tried hay bales and straw but it is hard toward in in raised beds. I do have property in the country, i have sweet corn there in summer, in the fall i have worked old hay in after plowing, then disc it in works good there, no livestock as i am not there everyday to care for them. Usually put out 2-3 acres of sweet corn and rotate it to different fields every year also.
    Gotcha, raised beds it’s cheaper to till in miracle grow planting mix. 50 lb. bags. But if you farm I’m bailing out, you already know how to grow stuff. Sorry to interrupt. Best of luck to ya.

Top Bottom