• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Mylar bag with O2 absorbers 12# of short grain brown rice and 10# of white rice. Gallon bags with 5 cups per bag. First time trying this method. Lot quicker than canning beans!

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Mylar bag with O2 absorbers 12# of short grain brown rice and 10# of white rice. Gallon bags with 5 cups per bag. First time trying this method. Lot quicker than canning beans!
    Try to stick with 7mil bags if you can. We buy ours from Pack Fresh. If you sign up with an account just put the items in the cart and just leave them there. You will later get a email with a 10% discount code.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Amazon has been running Augason Farms #10 cans on sale. Not all, but some. Been buying a couple cans a week. They did have their breakfast and dinner buckets on sale earlier in December, bought a few of those.

Bought a new vacuum sealer too, old one quit working. Wife bought a bunch of boxed potatoes so my job this week is sealing them up. Its 5 degrees out, not much else to do.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Practicing what I Preach. Using my stored Wood to Keep Warm and Eating my Food Stockpile (rotating of Course) until its WARM enough to go back out into the COLD :cool:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Started a new cache at the kid's new place. Food and water, a few extra clothing items.

Plenty of places to stash some firearms as well. Out of the way spots.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Froze about 50# total of roast, chicken, salmon and pork loin. Nice little butcher shop in Buchanan MI. Friend goes there so better half went with her this time to check it out. Tried some of the roast last night. MMM MMM good!

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Froze about 50# total of roast, chicken, salmon and pork loin. Nice little butcher shop in Buchanan MI. Friend goes there so better half went with her this time to check it out. Tried some of the roast last night. MMM MMM good!
    What!?!? No Bacon?? I keep track of their advertised specials online, and saw for the last couple weeks the Premium #1 Bacon is sub-$3/lb. My Mom got some for me last spring, and it is great bacon.

Great store for stocking up, I plan on heading up there in the next couple weeks to get some meat to can and freeze.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Set up my homemade cooler to hang beef in looks like we will be butchering 2 in january hoping it stays cooler for a 10 or 12 day straight makes it easier to control the temp, I like to let it hang that long before we butcher. Did get a new larger chest freezer, and have family and a close friend helping this year so it should go quick. Stocked up on more vacuum bags and will have 4 machines running too. Used to be a every other year event but now it is becoming yearly!!

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Set up my homemade cooler to hang beef in looks like we will be butchering 2 in january hoping it stays cooler for a 10 or 12 day straight makes it easier to control the temp, I like to let it hang that long before we butcher. Did get a new larger chest freezer, and have family and a close friend helping this year so it should go quick. Stocked up on more vacuum bags and will have 4 machines running too. Used to be a every other year event but now it is becoming yearly!!
    Where are you? Would try to help if you want. I can do small animals but never done a beef. Have grinder / can travel.

Top Bottom