• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Been getting a bit of trigger time dropping coons that get caught in the leg or live trap.
    Raised beds are planted.
    Trees that were dropped last fall have been cut, splitting is on the schedule.
    My wife got a pasta, noodle maker a few weeks ago.
    So we've been making different types of noodles, drying them out and vacuum sealing them.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Bought $45 in canned goods today. Going to start stocking up on baby food in a week or 2. Started to map out radio range today also.
    For baby food a small food processor is your friend. You can make it very easily for a lot less. You can even can it so it's shelf stable. Use 1/2 or 1/4 pt jelly jars. Or the small "snack" size ziplocks and freeze.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Didn't want to start a thread just for this, but a good high-res image of the US at night.

<click to make bigger>

2016-north-america-usa.jpg
    Never seen a more accurate map highlighting all the places I do not want to visit lol

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Didnt get 48 cases of MREs but did spend about $30 on canned goods. Got all my shelves filled so I'll start stacking cans down the basement stairs now. Also rotated out some luncheon meat (fried til black and coated in mustard mmm mmm that's a good meal) still need to get more canned meats.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I also bought 10 quarts of formula today. Alimentum has been the only one consistently on the shelves until today I had to hit a couple stores for it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I bought a dozen pounds of $3.99 bacon yesterday, on sale at Kroger. Unheard of good pricing, in recent times.

Last edited:

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Bought a second freezer
    One thought I had on freezers was I figured they might be different brands on the same unit. I ended up with the former $200 and now about $300 rural/China King 7cf freezers. If one of the few goes bad, and they can't be fixed, there's backups.

What did you go with on the whole house generator? I did a Kohler 20kW LP auto switch a year ago and happy with it. Was also able to finally get a 1000 gal (rental) tank to replace the 500.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Went with the Generac 7210, 24 kw. Went through Teck Electric. They will turn key the project so I can have a cold one and supervise! I will have to update a block landscape wall where it’s going, but the final install should look good on the non traveled side of our home. We got natural gas about 2-1/2 years ago.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Found a small town grocer with quality, local, grass fed beef at crazy, low prices.
    Normally, we buy a half cow and deal with cuts of meat we don't prefer, now we buy the exact pieces we want. Ribeyes $8lb, chuck roasts $3lb and 80/20 burger $2lb
    It took us 2 weeks to take a chest freezer from empty to completely full.
    Time to buy another one, gave my upright to my brother because there wasn't room for it on the moving truck.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Ordered a whole house back up generator. Sad part is delivery is 5 months out, but the clock starts today.
    The generator company called this week and they have the generator. Now I‘m in hyper mode getting the spot where it will set ready.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Doing some upgrades on our shallow well that has an electric pump. Teeing in on the suction line a cam lock so I can also use a gas pump to run the well if electric is out long term, or if I need higher flow than the electric pump.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My wife canned peaches over the weekend.

Some neighbors and I have started to do some training from time to time. Still have the "A" team spread out, but like the idea of a "B" team that's within line of sight of my home.

Top Bottom