• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Re-upped on medical supplies. Wife and I were sick with flue then covid. Just amazing how much stuff the two of us used for basically non life threatening situation in a month.

Ordered some more ammo. Been pretty happy with Norma ammunition lately. Don't really need it but planning on shooting more this year and still want to have a decent stash.

Feed is a big issue for us since we raise and butcher all our own meat. Trying to buy several bags extra every two weeks when we buy.

Working on 23/24 wood supply since we don't have a furnace.

Other than that always just a bit extra of whatever we buy.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hi everyone, I stepped away from forums for a while, took a break and reengaged the analog world a bit more. But I'm back, and willing to contribute where I can.
    Last week's preps:
    4 workouts focused on combat fitness: weights, stairs, rucks, heavy bag etc.
    1 range session solo with .22, G19 and 870
    1 range session with my 21 year old daughter with G19, single bbl shotty (her choice), AR and Remington 700
    Started the garden's seeds for planting later this spring. They are coming along nicely.

BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    Hi everyone, I stepped away from forums for a while, took a break and reengaged the analog world a bit more. But I'm back, and willing to contribute where I can.
    Last week's preps:
    4 workouts focused on combat fitness: weights, stairs, rucks, heavy bag etc.
    1 range session solo with .22, G19 and 870
    1 range session with my 21 year old daughter with G19, single bbl shotty (her choice), AR and Remington 700
    Started the garden's seeds for planting later this spring. They are coming along nicely.
    That's freakin awesome.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Picked up a 23qt pressure canner.
    Picked up a 16qt stock pot for water bath canning.
    Buying more flour and baking our own bread.
    Picked up a camp cast iron cooking set. All our dutch ovens and brassieres are porcelain coated cast iron. Not good for camp style cooking.
    Topped off propane tanks.
    Started buying canned goods at the rate of 2 for 1. Consume 1, buy 2.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Didn't want to start a thread just for this, but a good high-res image of the US at night.

<click to make bigger>

2016-north-america-usa.jpg

NOTW86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Around
    Stocked up on water, rice, canned goods, oils and ammo this week. Bought more 5 gallon gas cans and filled them last week.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This week's preps:

4 combat focused workouts-weights, run, heavy bag, running stairs etc
    2 dryfire sessions G19
    1 short range session with .22 pistol and .22 M6
    Laid in some cans of stewed beef

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    This week's preps:

4 combat focused workouts-weights, run, heavy bag, running stairs etc
    2 dryfire sessions G19
    1 short range session with .22 pistol and .22 M6
    Laid in some cans of stewed beef
    I have been doing this 75 hard thing apparently people know about it I am doing it mainly for the mental side of things…… but your post got me thinking maybe I should work my workouts into my preps.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have been doing this 75 hard thing apparently people know about it I am doing it mainly for the mental side of things…… but your post got me thinking maybe I should work my workouts into my preps.
    I've heard of it, the 75 Hard. I guess basically thats what I've been doing in some form or another for 40 years. Just making myself hard to kill, every day. Mental and physical toughness are intertwined and both are crucial to survival in a SHTF scenario or even personal combat.

Good on ya for getting after it!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    My daughter has to drink alimentum formula so I picked up my 5 quart limit yesterday and will pick up more this week. It seems to be the only one consistently on the shelf but on stocking up just in case its next. Bought some propane and canned goods too.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Added more canned meat to the current stock. Focusing on adding more protein to offset the rice and beans approach I took in the past. Also, actively looking for a couple classes for this summer to improve shooting as well as a medical class.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Bought another dozen mason jars. Last year at canning time I couldn't find any.

Got a bunch of vegetables planted

Practiced some varmint shooting with a 22 rifle at various range.

Went on the first run of the season. Definitely lost some stamina but gotta keep myself sharp

Last edited:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Bought $45 in canned goods today. Going to start stocking up on baby food in a week or 2. Started to map out radio range today also.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Finally got a membership at Sam's Club. Bought a lot of bulk stuff, mostly meats.

Broke it down into serviceable sizes and got it in the freezer.

Didn't realize they don't have bags so at the last minute I bought a 27 gallon tote that I will use for work.

Bonus

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've cleaned up and planted all the raised beds. One is empty for the time being, but in another week I'm going to plant more lettuce, carrots, & onions so it all doesn't come to harvest at once. This years garden work was tough with lots of overgrown weeds and a mess to clean up.

My wife recently had a concussion, so I've been dealing with that and learning a lot about head trauma.

I had recently sold my old Remington 308, and upgraded to a Tikka T3X CTR (compact tactical rifle). With scope & bipod it's a 10# gun that's showing enough potential to be used at team competitions where one person has to use a 5.56/308 and it'll fill the role of a good do all 308 backup gun to my primary rig.

I put about a 1 acre food plot in this year. We'll see how that goes, but I did a half hearted job prepping the soil and then threw out a lot of perennial seeds. Also took a lot of my left over garden starts like squash and took a shovel of field dirt out and replaced it with black dirt holding a start. I'll have to keep everything watered, but we'll see how this goes. If nothing else, letting that area grow will attract critters.

We added 4 more little baby chicks to our flock of egg layers. Currently we've got 7 chickens, with 3 of them being bantams that really don't count for much. I'm hoping an additional 4 chickens will help take some of the burden off the grocery bill at some point in the future.

Thinking of signing up for the 2023 Mammoth Sniper Competition. It'll be my third time now, and every time I do it I swear it'll be my last time, then on the drive home I'm already thinking of what changes I'd make for next time. It's a sickness.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Worked out 4 times weights, running and heavy bag,

Hit the range twice: Worked on small team movement fundamentals with a new guy.
    Other session worked on G19, AR and Ruger 10/22

Bought a couple titanium backpacking stoves to put into BOBs

Finished planting all the raised beds, plus squash.

Started locating all the raspberry bushes on our property (we just moved there and I don't have an inventory of the trees and plants but working on it)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom