• ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Since last post:

*I competed in another PRS match and got 11th place. Slept one night there in my wrangler, and another night there in a hammock. If anyone ever gets a chance to shoot a Guardian match I'd highly recommend it.

*The knobstone trail crashed and burned when my buddy called the day of saying he had a fever. Ended up his whole family has Corona and it's a pretty good thing he didn't try to push through it.

*I'd been slacking off getting in to the gym. That ended this morning.

*My solar experiment seems to be working, but it's early. Solar panel trickling into a deep cycle battery. Battery going to a 400 watt inverter. 1/4 horsepower pond fountain running like a champ off this setup. Only problem is that it looks tranquil but the inverter makes a beeping noise while sucking power out of the battery. Great feature to keep people aware they're draining a battery, bad feature for a nice quiet place.

*Bought a TPS M6 Scout 22lr/.410. So far I'm happy with it but I still need to see what 22lr rounds shoot the best out of it. I normally don't get fancy with 22lr ammo, but 1 shot, I want to tip the odds in my favor as much as possible. The stock is packed full of outdoor goodies and I posted about it in the rifle section. I'm planning on getting some little critters with it this fall. https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/new-tps-m6-scout-22lr-410.508367/

*The green beans in the garden are starting to get taller. They were planted from see over mothers day weekend and so far I'm questioning why I've spent years trying to start them early inside when this has worked so well.

*Backyard garden shed was built from some pallets left over from work. Good news was that I had mostly free lumber, but now I've got to figure out some sort of siding that's affordable since the $30 -$60 panel siding I was hoping to use is now worth more than gold per ounce apparently.

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    My body is useless without my brain and my brain is useless without my body.
    I went back to wearing overalls: Important seeing as using a belt to hold my pants up has recently been causing a lot of pressure induced pain and preventing me from building and gardening.
    So whoopie I'm going clothes shopping!
    You can even buy them in white now.

And I still have some fiber reactive dye powders in a box here somewhere from the 90's when I did a striped and splotched hooded hunting poncho.
    :banana:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Wearing suspenders, a trick I learned the painful way in '89.
    This morning got another 4x8 raised bed working. Removed the previously killed sod. Removed another shovel depth of soil. Raked it smooth. Put the sod back in and raked that layer smooth. Was time to take a break and got shut down by rain. Will put back in the removed under layer with added compost, clay/loam and fertilizer raked in. Should have it up and running by Friday.
    Now I need a cup of coffee.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Over the weekend I topped off every gas can I have on hand. Filled up the mower with what was left over, and got fresh gas. It wasn't the best time to fill up a dozen 5 gallon gas cans, but it was over due. I'd been dipping into my own supply more than I should have and it wouldn't have been good with winter coming soon.

The garden was an epic fail this year. What produce did grow was gobbled up by deer. I'm hoping to get some late season stuff planted, but don't know if there's even any hope for anything this late.

I've been taking an honest look at my preps, and my little corner of the basement. I'm trying to whittle down all my "stuff" and have already started to do so. Excess backpacking gear, outdoor equipment, things I've only used once, ammo I'll never end up shooting etc. It's all getting cleaned out.

The gym has been going well and I'm getting more consistent about getting in there. I've never felt better or stronger, but I do need to lose some weight. It'd make the body weight exercises easier.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I got a generator to provide electric for my Mom's house. She was without heat for 3 days last winter and wouldn't leave. My house has 2 types of heat that don't rely on elec. so I'm good to go. Small thing but needed.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Trying to refocus on this. Today I went through my cargo straps/tow ropes/etc., picked up some gun cleaning supplies, did some meal prep,
    did some moderate weight cleans at the gym, and ordered some medical/OTC med stuff.

looper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2019
    NWI
    Over the weekend I topped off every gas can I have on hand. Filled up the mower with what was left over, and got fresh gas. It wasn't the best time to fill up a dozen 5 gallon gas cans, but it was over due. I'd been dipping into my own supply more than I should have and it wouldn't have been good with winter coming soon.

The garden was an epic fail this year. What produce did grow was gobbled up by deer. I'm hoping to get some late season stuff planted, but don't know if there's even any hope for anything this late.

I've been taking an honest look at my preps, and my little corner of the basement. I'm trying to whittle down all my "stuff" and have already started to do so. Excess backpacking gear, outdoor equipment, things I've only used once, ammo I'll never end up shooting etc. It's all getting cleaned out.

The gym has been going well and I'm getting more consistent about getting in there. I've never felt better or stronger, but I do need to lose some weight. It'd make the body weight exercises easier.
    What fuel stabilizer do you use, have you used PRI-G ?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Time to bump this up again:

Monday I did a 5k row, 5k ski, and 10k bike using stationary machines. I also picked up a few hundred .22lr, a couple hundred 9mm, and some 5.56. The last two mornings were 4mi hike/ruck with a loaded backpack, and then CrossFit in the evening. Today I went to the range for an hour. I should have gone to BJJ class tonight but wasn’t feeling it this time.

I also picked up some new storage options and cleaned out some old stuff/reorganized things. My wife started a new diet so I’ve been participating in that, which is long overdue. I’ve also finally gotten consistent with taking my immunity vitamins.

Top Bottom