• ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Wife has been going thru our medical supplies, checking dates on antibiotics and pain meds, we keep a assortment of this stuff with intended uses included in the storage area.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wife has been going thru our medical supplies, checking dates on antibiotics and pain meds, we keep a assortment of this stuff with intended uses included in the storage area.
    Many antibiotics are good way beyond the date, some are downright dangerous beyond the date. You should research to see what to dispose of and what to keep.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Co-worker of my daughter had a house fire. Lost everything. Made me rethink my off site storage. Took a spare AR, mags, ammo, and some MRE's to an additional location.

I already had off site storage, preparing more for tornadoes or break ins. Always considered house fires but this was an eye opener for sure.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Since my last post:

*I've hit some new personal records in the gym for lifting weights. I've also been more diligent about getting in there. Unfortunately that's not always reflected on the scale and I have some better choices to make about what I feed my body.

*Chicken coop is put together, garden is prepped, a small garden pond is in place, and just big enough to be an attractive drink to wildlife and happens to be just shy of 100 yards from the back patio. Additional trees are coming in this week to supplement and support the food forest that I've planted.

*Looking more and more at the upcoming US dollar collapse and seriously concerned about that more than anything else. I've been adding to the precious metal inventory lately in anticipation of all the problems that are going to show up over night when the balloon pops and we all have a new currency.

*I'd competed in another PRS match, and didn't do very well at all. I needed to get my butt handed to me and I learned a lot from it. I didn't shoot bad, but I spend 2 days being consistently just high or just low when I am normally right on it. It bugs me enough to make me double down on working at it so that's a good thing.

*I'm taking a ham radio license test this weekend so hopefully that ends well. I haven't started to study yet, so I should probably get on that.

*Preparing to hike the Knobstone Trail with a buddy in a month. That'll be a multiday 40+ mile hike that has very challenging terrain. It's going to kick my butt, and my loadout for this hike will be as light as I've ever gone and I can't wait.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Sunk some post for new gates over by the hay field.
    Dropped a dead ash today and started cutting it up...it has been dead about three years ( wood on the hoof so to speak ) but there was a potential widow maker and it was time to drop the beast.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Last year did proof of concept testing on excluding deer and bunnies from a veggie garden. Last week / this week continuing construction on the expanded house garden. Also, got some zuc, yellow squash, tomatoes, broc, bok choy seedlings transplanted (trying for a head start). Got yard long beans coming up in raised beds with an arbor between them.

High winds the last couple of days beat some of the tomato seedlings to death, ripped some of their little helicopter heads off. Replanted some more seedlings yesterday evening. Oh well, two forward, one back.

Also working on the better 2/3's flower enclosure with the same exclusion concepts built in. Planted cat mint, scarlet runners, azalea, clematis, gold ingot ivy and a butterfly bush.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Seeds from last year's crops...
    Zuc's look to be about 50% viable. The yard long beans are coming on like gang busters.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Planted scarlet runners in the top tier of the triangular boxes with the trellises.
    2021-05-03.jpg
    They're coming up already. Gonna have some happy hummers.
    The rain broke off for a while some I'm gonna go move those temporary bambi barriers, knock the braces off of yesterday's posts and put up some more fence wire and boards.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It's been a long time coming, but I'm going to experiment with a small solar battery backup system. Solar panel to controller, controller to deep cycle, deep cycle to inverter, inverter to timer for a small pond fountain. It'll be tucked in with landscape, but setup in a way that's easy to pull and take with us on short notice.

Top Bottom