• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Like making your own beer: You really gotta enjoy making beer. If drinking it is your goal, there are better methods to get there.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Picked up a 10,000 starting 8,000 running generac generator last week. Along with a reliance controls transfer switch. Figured if I was digging into the breaker box it was time to upgrade that also. Went back for a 200 amp breaker box and meter base. Currently have a 100amp 20 space box with two spaces left unoccupied.
    Make sure that your wiring is rated for the extra amperage. From meter to breaker box especially.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Make sure that your wiring is rated for the extra amperage. From meter to breaker box especially.
    Menards has the 11% rebate until Sunday. Planning on going back Saturday for 2" conduit, service wire and a 200amp service disconnect. I didn't have the exact measurements when I picked up the breaker box and meter base.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I added a few things to my daily loadout. Namely, a tourniquet, 4" emergency bandage, nitrile gloves, and Quik-Clot gauze.

Attachments

• 20210302_133306.jpg
      20210302_133306.jpg
      4.7 MB · Views: 14

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I added a few things to my daily loadout. Namely, a tourniquet, 4" emergency bandage, nitrile gloves, and Quik-Clot gauze.
    Where's the MASKs!?!?!?!?!?! Comrade Commander Biden says you have to have a mask!!!!! Or maybe it was "thou shalt not be in MY public China.... I mean America without a MASK!!!".....LOL

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While it's a simple thing, the gardener worked up a few new tasty ways to use canned chicken. I encourage her to create new ways to use non refrigerated food.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Bought some nice Carbon Express 31" carbon arrows at Wally's world this morning.
    Normally $7.95. Clearance at $1.50!!!! Bought the last 6 they had. Now stupid question.....they have a camouflage shaft.....like a deer is going to see that up in a tree stand....and if I miss, I'll play he^^ finding the arrow......go figure....LOL

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Bought some nice Carbon Express 31" carbon arrows at Wally's world this morning.
    Normally $7.95. Clearance at $1.50!!!! Bought the last 6 they had. Now stupid question.....they have a camouflage shaft.....like a deer is going to see that up in a tree stand....and if I miss, I'll play he^^ finding the arrow......go figure....LOL
    I get that way at times even w the lighted knocs

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    Do most of you do the 5 gallon bucket for rice and bean with desiccant packs or do you think just bagged rice and beans is fine? Just storing in the finished basement.
    Don't know about rice but beans don't keep well just bagged. In my experience, after a couple years, no matter how long you cook them they won't be edible. I vacuum pack mine in mylar bags with oxygen absorbers (not the same as dessicant) and store the bags in 5 gal buckets.

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If I am not careful my furniture will be made of full ammo cans stacked in different variations
    hotel tango distillery had several ammo can furniture pieces at their tasting room in Indianapolis. My wife eyes the mortar cans every time we go to Plainfield shooting supply

TheJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    US
    Getting my snow blower up and running again and need to cover the vents to the crawlspace under my condo. The cold air blowing through there makes getting hot water to the showers an issue.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    New place of mine has a sealed crawl. Wasn't sure how I would like it but it is wonderful. As long as you do not get any moisture in there it is fire and forget. The HVAC guy I used left so much open that I was conditioning the air down there. At least it wasn't all going to waste I guess. (I have been diligently working on his mistakes)

I have a few places where a vent in the crawl was right next to water pipes. Had to plug those off permanently because of freezes.

Now back to more macho preps.

Top Bottom