• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Are we talking about minimum wage or wage increases?
    ****face is pushing a de facto rather than de jure version of the same thing. It doesn't really matter whether Joe manages to push through an actual minimum wage hike or simply artificially drives up wages by manipulating the market with sheer avalanches of money. It works the same way that from your perspective, it wouldn't matter whether I hire a hit man to visit you or I shoot you myself. You're equally dead either way, just like our economy is going to be equally dead either way.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Since you insist on being obtuse, I will try to break this down for you. There are times when an unusual solution is needed to remedy an immediate problem. It is helpful short term until the need no longer exists. Federal assistance to stabilize people when the economy was in a freefall was helpful (constitutional issues notwithstanding). Continuing this well past the pojntvwe are awash in unfilled openings ****s up the economy.
    Lol

So both Times Trump did it was brilliant.

That's where we differ.

First time yeah.

Second time, he should have vetoed it not pushed for it.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok. Tell me when the mythical 20$ Big Mac will make it appearance and justify the statement. That's what I want to know.
    Would it be a less informative statement if it were $18? Or even $10? Sometimes people make hyperbolic statements emphasize a point. And then people wishing to make a dismissive counterpoint force a too literal meaning on it.

Maybe it will rise to the point of $20 sooner. Maybe it ill be later. But it depends a lot on the cost of doing business. The point was that inflation is getting out of hand. Paying hamburger flippers a way higher wage is going to affect the price of a Hamburger. Maybe that doesn’t affect you, but then you project your lifestyle onto everyone else as if it affecting them means they’re doing something wrong.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well, I have to go for now, I have $25 worth of steak to eat that I was able to buy because I didn't eat a $20 Big Mac

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Would it be a less informative statement if it were $18? Or even $10? Sometimes people make hyperbolic statements emphasize a point. And then people wishing to make a dismissive counterpoint force a too literal meaning on it.

Maybe it will rise to the point of $20 sooner. Maybe it ill be later. But it depends a lot on the cost of doing business. The point was that inflation is getting out of hand. Paying hamburger flippers a way higher wage is going to affect the price of a Hamburger. Maybe that doesn’t affect you, but then you project your lifestyle onto everyone else as if it affecting them means they’re doing something wrong.
    As I asked Beerman, where did I say it doesn't affect me...

Or does everyone just need a bad guy...I'm the bad guy!

Even if you have to maybe your way into it..

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The point is, there should be a reasonable expectation that prices go up.

I don't see many people complaining that their annual (hopefully) raises are driving up prices.

Anyone ever made that argument?
    Oh jeez. You’re stealing SNL’s “inflation is your friend” mocking of Jimmy Carter’s policies, only you’re serious.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As I asked Beerman, where did I say it doesn't affect me...

Or does everyone just need a bad guy...I'm the bad guy!

Even if you have to maybe your way into it..
    I was getting at your exchange with IndyDave. You said you eat at home. He said he has to eat on the road for a week at a time. Then you admonished him to adopt your lifestyle.

Top Bottom