4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He first says "We don't derive our right's from the government" "We possess them because we are born" and then he goes on to say that those rights we possess ":we yield them to the government"

Why the hell should we yield our rights to the government when our rights that we are born with are not derived from the government?

Some people willingly chose to yield their rights to the government. I'm not one of them.

You are the government Joe. Are you asking us to yield our rights that we were born with?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    BiDUMB's wife cannot love him to see him being made a laughing puppet
    Exactly. She dumped her previous husband for Joe shortly after his wife died. She apparently preferred sharing a bed with a senaror who could give her upward mobility than someone who was the father of her children and most likely a better man.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    He first says "We don't derive our right's from the government" "We possess them because we are born" and then he goes on to say that those rights we possess ":we yield them to the government"

Why the hell should we yield our rights to the government when our rights that we are born with are not derived from the government?

Some people willingly chose to yield their rights to the government. I'm not one of them.

You are the government Joe. Are you asking us to yield our rights that we were born with?
    This is the same jackwagon that says "We The People" is referring to the Gov't. :rolleyes:

Reactions: KG1

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Exactly. She dumped her previous husband for Joe shortly after his wife died. She apparently preferred sharing a bed with a senaror who could give her upward mobility than someone who was the father of her children and most likely a better man.
    No way you can be a Trump supporter, and use the above as a criticism.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That sounds a lot like social contract theory. We are born with all kinds of rights but sometimes rights collide, and that doesn’t scale well to the society level.

For example the right to retributive justice. You harm me and I have the right to harm you back. We’ll that right doesn’t scale well because we’re also wrong a lot because it’s instinctive to blame the other. And that would make for a lot of cascaded revenge. So we cede (a better word for it than yield) the right for revenge to the government’s system of Justice and accept its outcome rather than taking it into our own means to get retribution.

We sacrifice some freedoms for the stability of the state. But, in the US it is spelled out in the constitution what the state has the authority to do.

Biden was either imprecise or just an idiot ideologue who believes we cede all our rights to the government. Given the Democrat platform, I think it’s the latter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Like I said. We all yield some rights to live in society with minimal strife. If you live in the crowded city you don’t get to shoot your guns from your porch chair. That’s because there are other people who could be wronged by you exercising that right. We cede that right to allow the government to set rules.

Biden didn’t qualify that. He left it as we cede all rights. And in some countries that’s true. But that’s something about the US that’s not true. The constitution limits the rights that we’ve ceded to the government to be at the consent of the governed.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No way you can be a Trump supporter, and use the above as a criticism.
    Not so fast. This has nothing to do with Trump or with my (or anyone else's) views on the sanctity of marriage. My point is thst Jill was dead serious in her marriage decisions being for personal gain in a way similar to your facetious comment on marrying Oprah Winfrey. The bottom line is that if she actually gave 3/16 of a damn about Joe she would neither allow nor participate in what is clearly abusive treatment of an elder in significantly diminished condition.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yeah. That’s retarded. The government is of the people. It isn’t the people. That would be a direct democracy.
    Notice how he keeps saying we are a democracy, instead of a constitutional republic.

Skip to 1:50 if you don't want to watch up to it

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Biden is a piece of ****....suffering from mental illness.
    I do believe he is suffering mentally deficiencies. I also believe he believes a lot of the crap he say, as he has been saying it for decades.

We the people means the Government

We yield our rights to the Government.

No amendment to the constitution is absolute.

People get to much freedom from the 1st amendment and he disagrees with it.

This is stuff he truly believes

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I do believe he is suffering mentally deficiencies. I also believe he believes a lot of the crap he say, as he has been saying it for decades.

We the people means the Government

We yield our rights to the Government.

No amendment to the constitution is absolute.

People get to much freedom from the 1st amendment and he disagrees with it.

This is stuff he truly believes

I agree.

The mental impairment has removed his "filter" rendering bare the ****** ******'* true self.

This tyrannical son of a ***** can go to ****.

Top Bottom