DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    While this sounds outrageous on the surface... From the article:

"The United States withdrew 120 military personnel from Israel and is warning Americans against traveling to the region due to escalating violence in the conflict between Israel and Palestinian territory controlled by the militant group Hamas."

It's not like this, in and of itself, is leaving Israel high and dry. Actually it's probably a pretty sound decision to keep our guys safe. :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

"The United States withdrew 120 military personnel from Israel and is warning Americans against traveling to the region due to escalating violence in the conflict between Israel and Palestinian territory controlled by the militant group Hamas."

It's not like this, in and of itself, is leaving Israel high and dry. Actually it's probably a pretty sound decision to keep our guys safe. :dunno:
    See? That’s a good shade of red. Hell. I might just make that the color I post in. Make me feel special like Bug.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I'm all for us getting out of middle eastern affairs.

Israel has nukes that they aren't legally supposed to have, but have them anyway. They're big boys, they can handle themselves against a foe they outnumber to an absurd degree. I mean we do steal our fellow citizen's money to line their pockets with, so it's not like they're high and dry.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Can't complain about Trump's mean comments anymore.

Sounds about right https://www.alz.org/help-support/caregiving/stages-behaviors/agression-anger

He is a mother ******* *******.

How is this "news"?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm all for us getting out of middle eastern affairs.

Israel has nukes that they aren't legally supposed to have, but have them anyway. They're big boys, they can handle themselves against a foe they outnumber to an absurd degree. I mean we do steal our fellow citizen's money to line their pockets with, so it's not like they're high and dry.
    There are a couple of problems with this.

We stopped Israel when they had the chance to wipe out Hamas in the 80s.

Even a token US presence is a political deterrent, which we just removed.

About the money...we owe them that and haven't really kept out end of the bargain. Most foreign aid is a free gift. In Israel's case, the Israelis captured the Sinaii Peninsula in a war started by the surrounding Islamic countries. This gave Israel a significant amount of oil production. Jimmy Carter strongarmed Israel into going along with the Camp David Accords which included returning the Sinaii Peninsula and its oil wells to Egypt under the condition that the US would compensate Israel the value of the lost oil revenue. This was supposed to have been in green cash. In reality it has been discounts on military hardware largely selected by people on our side. I have no quarrel with Israel receiving payment for a deal that we imposed on them at gunpoint.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Can't complain about Trump's mean comments anymore.

Sounds about right https://www.alz.org/help-support/caregiving/stages-behaviors/agression-anger
    He is behaving exactly like a dementia patient.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

Yeah, like someone who signed up for our armed forces never thought they may be exposed to any risk of danger...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There are a couple of problems with this.

We stopped Israel when they had the chance to wipe out Hamas in the 80s.

Even a token US presence is a political deterrent, which we just removed.

About the money...we owe them that and haven't really kept out end of the bargain. Most foreign aid is a free gift. In Israel's case, the Israelis captured the Sinaii Peninsula in a war started by the surrounding Islamic countries. This gave Israel a significant amount of oil production. Jimmy Carter strongarmed Israel into going along with the Camp David Accords which included returning the Sinaii Peninsula and its oil wells to Egypt under the condition that the US would compensate Israel the value of the lost oil revenue. This was supposed to have been in green cash. In reality it has been discounts on military hardware largely selected by people on our side. I have no quarrel with Israel receiving payment for a deal that we imposed on them at gunpoint.

After all the big media gushing on Jimmy Carter for his statesmanship with Camp David, I always figured it went something like Jimmy setting down with Begin and Sadat and opening the US checkbook and saying how much?

Top Bottom