• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sylvain has a point.

But I gotta tell ya, if I were a decision maker for a department, I'd let them pack whichever they preferred. Or both, if they wanted.

Our local department (actually part of the military) has access to submachine guns and full-auto rifles.
    They still like to bring shotguns to traffic stops for the deterrence factor.

B9710154277Z.1_20161105173130_000%2BGSJ7UBJ3N.3-0.jpg

Here's what they use.

Image-1024-1024-251761.jpg

Image-1024-1024-251756.jpg

Image-1024-1024-251762.jpg

3086131449_1_3_lFl6ms9v.jpg

en-mayenne-des-gendarmes-d-elite-contre-le-terrorisme_0.jpg

en-mayenne-des-gendarmes-d-elite-contre-le-terrorisme_2.jpg

en-mayenne-des-gendarmes-d-elite-contre-le-terrorisme_1.jpg

Some people complained that they use the standard issue guillie suit to hide on the side of the road with a radar gun, and it wasn't fair. :):

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The deterrence factor that our resident Frenchman is talking about is something that would be interesting to see info on. PDs spend money on and much research goes into non lethal equipment, does the presence of shotguns reduce the confidence level of a potential shooter? Plenty of Hollywood examples of that in western movies, I'm curious how that stacks up in today's environment.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The deterrence factor that our resident Frenchman is talking about is something that would be interesting to see info on. PDs spend money on and much research goes into non lethal equipment, does the presence of shotguns reduce the confidence level of a potential shooter? Plenty of Hollywood examples of that in western movies, I'm curious how that stacks up in today's environment.

I don't know about studies but over here shotguns are still used by special police units.
    Some of those units even have the word "deterrence" in their name.

Usually to show that they mean business they will bring a shotgun, even though they have acess to pretty much any other weapon available.

XVHDOTGPKXVSBF7BSXPEVFPQYY.jpg

n-FRENCH-POLICE-TERRORISM-628x314.jpg

eris9.png

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Glad I'm not wearing that kind of gear today, it would feel like walking around in an oven.

Virch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2018
    Greenville
    The perp's name is Demetric Carter. Turns out he survived and received three life sentences for attempted murder of the three deputies. Also he later stated that he was trying to kill himself, so it appears the suicide-by-cop theory is correct.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think credit for survival would have to go to the officers he was shooting at. They must have gotten him good medical attention quickly.

Top Bottom