What Happens to Trump Between Now and Inauguration Day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Happens to Trump Between Now and Inauguration Day?

• Removed via 25th Amendment Process

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Impeached by Congress

Votes: 3 3.4%
    • Serves Out the Remaining Time in Office

Votes: 63 72.4%
    • Resigns

Votes: 1 1.1%
    • Remains in Office for 2nd Term - This Ain't Over

Votes: 7 8.0%
    • Bacon

Votes: 13 14.9%

• Total voters

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Doubtful that's not the intent, but I'm sure that will be the outcome.

How do you have the highest turnout in history, EVER, for a candidate and simultaneously think that doing everything in your power to alienate those people is a good idea?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How do you have the highest turnout in history, EVER, for a candidate and simultaneously think that doing everything in your power to alienate those people is a good idea?

First, we had the highest turnout in history, EVER, for BOTH candidates. I don't get how you guys argue. I mean I make a point. And only that point. And then you make it into me saying something else. So let's revisit what I said.

I don't think it was the intent for Mitch McConnell to divide the country, but that IS the effect of what will happen. I think McConnell thinks that Trump is bad for the country and is acting on that. I don't know if he's aware of what it will do to the country.

My own opinion on that I've stated elsewhere. Sure, Biden got the most votes in history. But so did Trump. It's 80-75. That's not a blowout. That's not a mandate. It's a little over half the voters vs a little less than half the voters. I think the mandate is for moderation, not a full leftward march, which it appears Joe is planning to do. Bidet should just stay with status quo for his term. No new big programs. No free tuition. No universal healthcare. No expanding medicate. No gun laws. No tax hikes. And no covid shutdowns.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    First, we had the highest turnout in history, EVER, for BOTH candidates. I don't get how you guys argue. I mean I make a point. And only that point. And then you make it into me saying something else. So let's revisit what I said.

I don't think it was the intent for Mitch McConnell to divide the country, but that IS the effect of what will happen. I think McConnell thinks that Trump is bad for the country and is acting on that. I don't know if he's aware of what it will do to the country.

My own opinion on that I've stated elsewhere. Sure, Biden got the most votes in history. But so did Trump. It's 80-75. That's not a blowout. That's not a mandate. It's a little over half the voters vs a little less than half the voters. I think the mandate is for moderation, not a full leftward march, which it appears Joe is planning to do. Bidet should just stay with status quo for his term. No new big programs. No free tuition. No universal healthcare. No expanding medicate. No gun laws. No tax hikes. And no covid shutdowns.

Unless you think the last administration pursued a moderate platform, where was this notion is 2016? And if you don't think the Trump platform was moderate, why should it be the Democrats that have to do this?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    So, does that mean we can impeach Obama when we retake the house and senate in 202
    Why do you think the GOP will re-take Congress in 2022?

Control will come down to just a few races...same as Georgia.
    Everybody knows ahead of time which races they will be...same as Georgia.

Millions and millions will be spent
    Mail ballots will be allowed

Precincts that operate like a "Chuch Fish Fry" and always report late...will still be allowed to do so.

...same as Georgia.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Unless you think the last administration pursued a moderate platform, where was this notion is 2016? And if you don't think the Trump platform was moderate, why should it be the Democrats that have to do this?
    Obama’s platform was far left of Bush. Trump’s platform wasn’t really right or left. It was populist. But not what I would consider radical. What was radical was Trump’s twitter feed which somehow people confused with Trump's policy.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So the poll didn't age well.

Removed via 25th Amendment Process: 0.0% Impeached by Congress: 3.6% Serves Out the Remaining Time in Office: 73.8% Resigns: 1.2% Remains in Office for 2nd Term - This Ain't Over: 8.3% Bacon: 13.1%

Only 3.6% said impeached by Congress. I thought cooler heads would prevail and that he'd just serve out the rest of his term with Democrats kicking and screaming like petulant children. See there? In case you didn't notice I used "petulant children" twice in the same day. One to describe Trump the other to describe Democrats.

And it's not like I'm gonna let Republicans off the hook. Those assholes are doing it because they don't want Trump to run again in 2024. I suspect they think it's a threat to their cushy crony setup.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Were we allowed to vote for more than one? I still think he serves out until noon on the 20th.

But I'll admit I didn't see an impeachment moving this quickly.
    It seems really surprisingly bipartisan. I kinda think there may have been a meeting between the sides, the result of which was an agreement that they needed to prevent Trump from running in 2024. We could speculate on why, but I think that much is obvious.

ETA: I just tried changing my vote to vote for multiple options. Nope.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have heard from Democrat voters that Trump is Hitler. My question is how do they get that belief? Just read today the military is basically going to purge anyone that doesn't tow the Democrat party line and label them as extremists. I think anyone who actually believes and tries to uphold the constitution is considered an extremist now days. Our capital has over 20,000 armed soldiers in it now. Are we now a totalitarian police state? Or just getting ready to implement one?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Obama’s platform was far left of Bush. Trump’s platform wasn’t really right or left. It was populist. But not what I would consider radical. What was radical was Trump’s twitter feed which somehow people confused with Trump's policy.
    Obviously. But that's your guy, so it's fair to consider your bias. The question wasn't if you considered him a radical. It's if you considered him a moderate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have heard from Democrat voters that Trump is Hitler. My question is how do they get that belief? Just read today the military is basically going to purge anyone that doesn't tow the Democrat party line and label them as extremists. I think anyone who actually believes and tries to uphold the constitution is considered an extremist now days. Our capital has over 20,000 armed soldiers in it now. Are we now a totalitarian police state? Or just getting ready to implement one?

Are you saying you're not clear why those 20K soldier are there, or are you saying you don't agree with it? Assuming the latter, why?
    As far as extremist go, I think it's more along the lines of people spouting extremist views, tied to violence, and how they personally interpret the Constitution, rather than an sincere understanding of the document.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Are you saying you're not clear why those 20K soldier are there, or are you saying you don't agree with it? Assuming the latter, why?
    As far as extremist go, I think it's more along the lines of people spouting extremist views, tied to violence, and how they personally interpret the Constitution, rather than an sincere understanding of the document.
    No need to activate the military. It looks like we have become China or North Korea. How long will they stay? Is this going to be a permanent deployment? No reason for it. I highly doubt there will be a uprising like the FBI is spouting from unknown sources. It's like the media making things up.

So you are saying basically they will toss blm antifa like soldiers? I highly doubt that. They are after conservatives who are not afraid to say so. Guess our Special Forces will be dwindling down to about 10 men.

Obama purged the conservative officers in his 8 years. Now they are going after the enlisted.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Looks like Inauguration Day is cancelled!

lap.gif

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

The National Guard is deployed for every presidential inauguration.

In 2009 for Obama's first term 10,000 troops were deployed, 6,000 for the second term and 8,000 for Trump in 2016.

They are there for a specific purpose, just like when they are deployed after natural disasters.

It's not like they are going door to door to harass citizens and take away their guns (being in DC you would just need 3 soldiers to do that anyway).

It takes more than deploying troops to be considered a totalitarian regime.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The National Guard is deployed for every presidential inauguration.

In 2009 for Obama's first term 10,000 troops were deployed, 6,000 for the second term and 8,000 for Trump in 2016.

They are there for a specific purpose, just like when they are deployed after natural disasters.

It's not like they are going door to door to harass citizens and take away their guns (being in DC you would just need 3 soldiers to do that anyway).

It takes more than deploying troops to be considered a totalitarian regime.
    The concerning part is the plans I've heard about them being deployed, or at least placed on standby in capital cities across the country. As far as I know, that's unprecedented. Especially for such a popular President-Elect like Biden.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The concerning part is the plans I've heard about them being deployed, or at least placed on standby in capital cities across the country. As far as I know, that's unprecedented. Especially for such a popular President-Elect like Biden.
    I haven't heard of that.
    Is it because of the potential armed protests at state capitols?

Top Bottom