2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Just finished my 308 build.
    JL Billet upper with 12" handguard.
    AP M5 lower
    Spikes 14.5" barrel.
    JP adjustable gas block.
    Silencerco ASR muzzle brake pinned welded to 16 1/4".
    Now just need to get it out and see if it will shoot and fine-tune if necessary.

20230123_173316.jpg

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    "New Old Stock" M16A1 sling -- the OD green one with clip for attaching to (usually) the upper swivel and a buckle with friction quick adjustment for the other swivel. As I remember them, they were on the M16A1 from its original fielding in large numbers, and were replaced with a simpler black sling with two buckles about the time the M16A2 was being fielded in the early 1980's. The old green ones had seen their day, the clip end rattled (requiring being taped up), they were limp as rag dolls, and the friction quick adjustment wore down on many which caused them to slip. Nevertheless, I always liked the quick adjustment. The simpler black one was a PITA to adjust its length, especially when new. According to the packaging it was made in 2016 which surprises me. I thought they'd been discontinued decades ago.

M16A1 Sling.png

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Barrel and handguard showed up. So just a mockup pic below. Still waiting on gas block, tube, muzzlebrake, armaspec H3 buffer assembly, magazines, and Sig MSR red dot.
    Chambered in 7.62x39

View attachment 250194
    How do you like the Aero Precision lower at this point, just working with it in the build? I've been considering an AP lower for a build that I'm delaying for the time being.

Last edited:

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    I've spent all evening ordering parts for my new build with the INGO lower. All the lower parts are ordered. Tomorrow or Thursday, the upper parts. I'm calling this a budget build but it's looking like I'll be about $1500 into it before optics once it's all said and done. Keeps me off the streets and out of mischief, right?!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    A 200-600m KAC Micro USMC Rear BUIS is en route for a 16" railed upper. (It came with the cheapest Magpul BUS on it.) I've got the MaTech the U.S. Army uses on a different 16" upper. Thought I'd try this one as I'd never used the USMC BUIS. Not as bulky as the MaTech. Also en route for the same 16" upper is a Sig Sauer Romeo7. Bigger than many 1x20mm alternative red dots, I like the 1x30mm. Already have one on the other 16" upper and like it. (Front sights on both are A2.)

knight-s-armament-folding-micro-rear-sight-600m.jpg

Sig Sauer Romeo7.jpg

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've spent all evening ordering parts for my new build with the INGO lower. All the lower parts are ordered. Tomorrow or Thursday, the upper parts. I'm calling this a budget build but it's looking like I'll be about $1500 into it before optics once it's all said and done. Keeps me off the streets and out of mischief, right?!
    Well, that is still a "budget". A kinda higher budget, but still a budget! Keep us posted on the build.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    I ordered a Nightforce NX8 showroom demo at a decent price. I've been watching auctions for a while and found that I could get one cheaper on Nightforces website.

Top Bottom