• Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Give a range report on those please.
    "Those" being the ammo or the talkies?

I've been using the Frontier .223 HP exclusively for 6 months or so. Frontier is a division of Hornady. Very pleased with them. Been picking them up for about $11 per box of 20. Accuracy is good. Zero failures after 500-600 rounds. I've run them in an 11.5" Springfield, a 10.5" Palmetto State and my 10.5" Noveske. Every gun ate them up equally well. I might add I'm using these for training at home defense distances. I have no idea how they perform at 50+ yards.

The talkie unit is a very easy to attach. The menu is simple, intuitive and provides numerous settings. Volume control provides more than enough loudness. I actually turned both pair down to the lowest level and voice was still easily discernable. VOX activated has a 1 sec, (more or less) delay to come on and to shut off. I'm thinking that will keep gunshots from triggering the headset. For my use, PTT is probably what I'll utilize more often. Sunday I'll be taking them out for a range run through. Plan on testing clarity and power at distance- 80 yards or so. Updates Coming!

Last edited:

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    I've been wondering about them also. I haven't seen any locally so haven't had a chance to try them. Which I like to do before buying hundreds of rounds.
    I've been using the Frontier .223 HP exclusively for 6 months or so. Frontier is a division of Hornady. Very pleased with them. Been picking them up for about $11 per box of 20. Accuracy is good. Zero failures after 500-600 rounds. I've run them in an 11.5" Springfield, a 10.5" Palmetto State and my 10.5" Noveske. Every gun ate them up equally well.

I might add I'm using these for training at home defense distances. I have no idea how they perform at 50+ yards.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    "Those" being the ammo or the talkies?

I've been using the Frontier .223 HP exclusively for 6 months or so. Very pleased with them. Been picking them up for about $11 per box of 20. Accuracy is good. Zero failures after 500-600 rounds. I've run them in an 11.5" Springfield, a 10.5" Palmetto State and my 10.5" Noveske. Every gun ate them up equally well. I might add I'm using these for training at home defense distances. I have no idea how they perform at 50+ yards.

The talkie unit is a very easy to attach. The menu is simple, intuitive and provides numerous settings. Volume control provides more than enough loudness. I actually turned both pair down to the lowest level and voice was still easily discernable. VOX activated has a 1 sec, (more or less) delay to come on and to shut off. I'm thinking that will keep gunshots from triggering the headset. For my use, PTT is probably what I'll utilize more often. Sunday I'll be taking them out for a range run through. Plan on testing clarity and power at distance- 80 yards or so. Updates Coming!
    Both. What grain ****. 223?

I have some of the 68gr 5.56, but have only shot a few rounds out of one of my rifles so far.

Are the walkie talkie adapters clear?

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis

trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2023
    indiana
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/product.../723020328/rad+frgd+ar+.300+black+10.5b+30+de

https://www.theamericanmarksman.com/factory-2nds-stryker--300-aac-blackout-147-gr-fmj--400-ct.html

i ordered the 300blk pistol this past tues. i was hoping to pick it up by saturday. i don't think it'll happen.

i also ordered a

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0BBZ22H3M?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image.

i'm really liking the monstrum products at the price point.
    that's a good looking pistol. the ARs have changed so many times over the last 40 yrs. i bought my AR rifle over 40 yrs ago an it looks so plain and old looking compared to these snazzy looking AR variants of today. 300 blackout is a nice bullet.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/product.../723020328/rad+frgd+ar+.300+black+10.5b+30+de

https://www.theamericanmarksman.com/factory-2nds-stryker--300-aac-blackout-147-gr-fmj--400-ct.html

i ordered the 300blk pistol this past tues. i was hoping to pick it up by saturday. i don't think it'll happen.

i also ordered a

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0BBZ22H3M?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image.

i'm really liking the monstrum products at the price point.
    I also have a monstrum 3x prism scope (not this exact model) and it seems pretty decent. The only issue was that the screws holding the scope to the picatinny mount were not tightened down enough when it arrived, so they worked themselves loose after a bit. I added locktite and tightened them down myself, and it's been solid ever since.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I also have a monstrum 3x prism scope (not this exact model) and it seems pretty decent. The only issue was that the screws holding the scope to the picatinny mount were not tightened down enough when it arrived, so they worked themselves loose after a bit. I added locktite and tightened them down myself, and it's been solid ever since.
    that's the same issue i had. @jwamplerusa tried to help me zero it and just kept getting worse. i took it home and realized the mounting screws were loose. i'll make sure they're tight before i mount it this time

Top Bottom