• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Lake City .30-06 mil brass, .308 150 FMJBT boolits, .44 XTP boolits, .22 LR Target ammo, Black Rifle Coffee all at Brian’S Surplus. Even saw Brian and chatted a while. Great guy to do business with.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington

Just ordered 100rds to try out. 55 cents a rd shipped.
    I got 200 rounds of this exact ammo several months ago, only made it out to the range with it a few weeks ago. Tested a few different types of ammo out of my 223 wylde AR. Freedom Munitions 223 Remington 55gr FMJ was getting about 2 inch groups at 100 yards, same as my handloads with 60gr Hornady V-Max. IIRC this Norma ammo shot about a 4 inch group, which was about what I expected for something with a "penetrator" bullet. Let us know what your results are once you get a chance to try it out. :)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I got 200 rounds of this exact ammo several months ago, only made it out to the range with it a few weeks ago. Tested a few different types of ammo out of my 223 wylde AR. Freedom Munitions 223 Remington 55gr FMJ was getting about 2 inch groups at 100 yards, same as my handloads with 60gr Hornady V-Max. IIRC this Norma ammo shot about a 4 inch group, which was about what I expected for something with a "penetrator" bullet. Let us know what your results are once you get a chance to try it out. :)
    Will do, and thanks for the heads up.
    My rifle doesn't like anything lower than 69gr it has good accuracy with Hornady 75gr match bullets.
    I did have luck shooting Fiocchi 55gr 223 50rd packs. 10 shot group was under 2 MOA. I can't get that with any other brand 55gr ammo.
    Oh and it likes Wolf Military Classic 62gr HP ammo. It shot 10 shot groups just a hair over 2 MOA. I was absolutely shocked by it.
    I probably should have bought a few cases but I'm not big on shooting steel case ammo other than for 7.62x39mm.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    do you load 300blk? i'm looking for someone to do some standard 125-150grn for range days.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    do you load 300blk? i'm looking for someone to do some standard 125-150grn for range days.
    I'd love to help a fellow out, but right now I don't have a whole lot of experience under my belt, so I'm pretty much just sticking to loading for my own personal use, as I'd rather not risk my inexperience causing an accident for somebody else (plus I'm not entirely clear on all the laws that have to do with loading for other people, so I'd prefer to just stay out of the weeds entirely on this one, if/until I have some more solid experience and legal advice. :cool:)

Top Bottom