• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    Buddy and I picked up some 450 bushmaster uppers for $229 each.

I'd say it's a matter of "some assembly required" if you want them to work right, but for $229 it'd be hard to imagine a better collection of parts.

VYEF3Eg.jpg
    BCA?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have one of thier uppers in 6.5G. Zero complaints.

All the screws were loose and nothing was loctited.

The bolt also seemed as though it hadn't been tumbled and needed some light deburring.

All that fixed in about 30 minutes, and it's a pretty good deal. I'd give them 2 thumbs up as long as a person knows this, and can fix it themselves.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    All the screws were loose and nothing was loctited.

The bolt also seemed as though it hadn't been tumbled and needed some light deburring.

All that fixed in about 30 minutes, and it's a pretty good deal. I'd give them 2 thumbs up as long as a person knows this, and can fix it themselves.
    When you get a chance to shoot it give us a review on it. I've been on the fence about their uppers reading some of the reviews. However, the barrels they make I have no complaints very accurate.

Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    When you get a chance to shoot it give us a review on it. I've been on the fence about their uppers reading some of the reviews. However, the barrels they make I have no complaints very accurate.
    I have one of their uppers. 20" medium weight in 6.5 Grendel with 15" M loc forearm.
    Now, this was was assembled before this last panic/shortage and I did not see anything like Tombs experienced. Fit and finish are good. Accuracy is great. (Indiana Whitetail my first year with it at 300+ yards)

I am not making excuses for what Tombs recieved but we are in unprecedented times with our current workforce and challenges that companies are facing. For the price he paid, even if I had to spend 30 minutes on tightening screws and smoothing out a few rough edges, I would be good with that, at that price point.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have one of their uppers. 20" medium weight in 6.5 Grendel with 15" M loc forearm.
    Now, this was was assembled before this last panic/shortage and I did not see anything like Tombs experienced. Fit and finish are good. Accuracy is great. (Indiana Whitetail my first year with it at 300+ yards)

I am not making excuses for what Tombs recieved but we are in unprecedented times with our current workforce and challenges that companies are facing. For the price he paid, even if I had to spend 30 minutes on tightening screws and smoothing out a few rough edges, I would be good with that, at that price point.
    I did use their rails they are light weight and of good quality for the price. I like the looks of them also. I put them on Aero Precision upper receivers I've used AP bcg, and fail zero bcg. Everything runs fine they all made it through my 1000rd test.
    I clean and lube at start. Break in the barrel with 50rds. Then clean and lube again and run 950rds no cleaning but I do apply lube as needed. If they can shoot 950rds dirty and not use the forward assist I believe it's good to go for me. I highly doubt it will go that long between cleaning.
    I usually run 500rds through a gun before I clean it. Unless it's my EDC. It gets lubed and cleaned up monthly or sooner if it gets covered in sawdust.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My complete side charging 6.5 creedmoor upper will be here today. Ordered on the 16th so really fast turnaround time on it.
    Will give it a good look over when I get but not sure when I'll get to take it out and put it thru its paces

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got a Crossbreed Appendix Carry/AIWB holster (tuckable) in the mail today for the SW MP Shield 9 Plus Performance Center.
    Great slim profile.

Crossbreed Holsters Appendix Carry AIWB Holster for Shield PPC.jpg Shield PPC Crossbreed Holster Appendix Carry AIWB.jpg

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    Yesterday: Shield Plus PC and ordered Talon grips and pinky extensions for the mags. Today: Checked out the new Sportsman's Warehouse in Greenwood. Picked up some .22 shorts and some 17 HMR ammo. Hopped over to SPB and got a S&W M&P .22 compact.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    doddg is grounded from driving so he is shopping USPS. The economy will slow down until his DR. releases him.
    I ended up driving to Meijer with the wife for a turkey breast run for Thanksgiving & to the bank today. :rockwoot:
    Nice to get out of the house. :alright:
    I had 2 other errands, but I stayed close to home instead.
    Starting my day at 4:45 this am slowed me down some.
    I'm getting old, haha! :fogey:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I bit the bullet and traded for a new in the box stainless Ruger Mini-30. I already have a vintage Redfield scope mounted and bore sighted. I plan on using it for a general purpose '200yard or less' gun.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

For $229 I would not complain about having to loctite and tighten a few screws, or knock a burr or 2 off. I'd do this with any rifle I bought, or at least check for it before I ever shot it.

Other than that, it seems solid, hand cycling it seemed fine. I may not get a chance to shoot it for a bit. My buddy shot his the other night and said it ran flawlessly.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Today I picked up a nice S&W 6946 from INGO member, dawg1981. (Thanks, Man!) A great deal on one of my favorites! There's just something about those 3rd Gen S&W's! Carried a 5906 for a time early in my career...never a single issue and trusted it with my life! This one will find a place in my rotation, and for SURE a great travel/truck gun! Have 3 additional mags coming too! They are NOT easy to find these days! 6946.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ergo Delta Grips on a SW 360 PD .357.
    Beast to hold onto with the lack of even a full 2 finger grip with other grips.
    They allow for pinky purchase, haha!
    Not sexy, but functional.
    Ergo Delta grip on gun.jpg Ergo Delta grip me holding showing pinky purchase.jpg Ergo Delta grip with me holding it.jpg

Top Bottom