• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bought enough dampner springs from Tubb's last night to replace in every AR in the safe.

Bought a Wilson Combat BCG for a project completion. It was less money than the low grade stoner from Midway.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Picked up a HiPoint 995 classic carbine in the original "Planet of the Apes" stock with six mags for $200. It had recently been back to the factory and has the upgraded trigger.

Tinkered with it on Saturday and mounted/bore sighted an RDS. Also added a sling, buttstock mag pouch for two mags, and muzzle brake. It is a simple, basic rifle to use as a loaner and range toy.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Picked up a HiPoint 995 classic carbine in the original "Planet of the Apes" stock with six mags for $200. It had recently been back to the factory and has the upgraded trigger.

Tinkered with it on Saturday and mounted/bore sighted an RDS. Also added a sling, buttstock mag pouch for two mags, and muzzle brake. It is a simple, basic rifle to use as a loaner and range toy.
    $200.. I wouldv'e done the same

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis

i picked up a 995ts for $250 a week before 28 days. the lgs had a 10mm on the wall as well but i didn't get paid until a the next day. when i went back the 10mm was gone.

i was thinking of it as a toy until i got it to range. now i have it set up as the downstairs alternative to the upstairs 300 blackout.
    i definitely consider it integral to my home defense network.

i would love to find a 10mm or .45 for deal

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    ape strong!
    Yep. When the 995 classic first came out, I thought it was ugly. As I have gotten older, the classic looked better than the 995 TS. Being a Buckeye, I was also nostalgic to own something from Ohio. It's cheap, reliable, has a great warranty, and will fit the role as a range loaner for my friends.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yep. When the 995 classic first came out, I thought it was ugly. As I have gotten older, the classic looked better than the 995 TS. Being a Buckeye, I was also nostalgic to own something from Ohio. It's cheap, reliable, has a great warranty, and will fit the role as a range loaner for my friends.
    Love both my HiPoint carbines. Have them in 9mm and 45acp. Both with tactical stocks and the extra mags attached to the stock. Bushnell TRS25s atop both. Have a vertical foregrip on the 45. Both Have been absolutely flawless for me thru the years. Just wish HiPoint would make some extra capacity mags as the promags are unreliable

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    here here! they are a lot of fun for sure.

i took mine to the range and had a couple of naysayers until i let them experience it 1rst hand.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Love both my HiPoint carbines. Have them in 9mm and 45acp. Both with tactical stocks and the extra mags attached to the stock. Bushnell TRS25s atop both. Have a vertical foregrip on the 45. Both Have been absolutely flawless for me thru the years. Just wish HiPoint would make some extra capacity mags as the promags are unreliable
    the promags can be funky. i haven't had issues with mine since i started making adjustments to the feed lips after each range trip.

i just couldn't get with the redballs.

texas123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frankfort
    Finally got replacement front action screws for my older Ruger m77 rifles. Factory installs slotted. Ever tried to get 95 inch pounds ( factory spec) on a slotted action bolt ? Not worth the frustration. Went to hex head. Soooo much easier. Well worth the 1.77 spent.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    HiPoint warns that use of the Promags in the 995 will damage the boltface and it is not covered by their warranty. The few times I have tried Promags in other firearms, they turned out to be garbage.

I wish the 20 rnd Redball mag did not look like a dogs hind leg. As it is, the factory 10 rnd mags work.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I bought (ordered) a M1 carbine rear $ight tool cause everyone that I know that might have one doesn't and I need one. Go ahead if you must and tell me all the ways I could have avoided buying this to remove a sight had I only tried ______________ ; chance are I did try that, unless your suggestion involves expolsives.... :ugh:

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    Two plastic Plano ammo boxes, 10ct box of Wolf 00 buck shot and a 20ct box Wolf 7.62X54R. Pickings are still a bit slim, but getting better.

Top Bottom