• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Maybe a Swedish K or MP5, but if we're dreaming big, a Dillon Aero mini-gun.
    Seriously though, a Ma Deuce for the win. It would probably be double the budget and then I'd need a pick-up truck to mount it in (or an old Willy's JEEP or a Rover).
    Any ranges where they'll let you play Rat Patrol?

akethan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    Maybe a Swedish K or MP5, but if we're dreaming big, a Dillon Aero mini-gun.
    Seriously though, a Ma Deuce for the win. It would probably be double the budget and then I'd need a pick-up truck to mount it in (or an old Willy's JEEP or a Rover).
    Any ranges where they'll let you play Rat Patrol?
    Yep for sure. Nothing as awesome as going on a beer run in a Hummer with an M2HB on top.

Attachments

• 20200920_131902.jpg
      20200920_131902.jpg
      656.4 KB · Views: 9

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Let's say you had an extra $40k laying around and decided to get into the FA game. What gun would you buy and why? Bonus points if you have a good reason to buy a gun that doesn't use up the entire $40k budget.

I'd probably get a Sterling or MP40. Ammo for them is about as cheap as you're going to get.

I don't know what they're selling for though.

The one I'd like to have would be an MG42, but a couple of seconds of firing would cost you a car payment's worth of ammo.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I was blessed in my younger years to have a good friend who rebuilt many awesome machine guns, so I was able to shoot many things I had never heard of before! Of course they were all post samples and couldn’t be owned by us mere mortals.
    being somewhat pragmatic with a budget of $40K and looking for the most bang for the buck, I’d go with an M-16. Like any AR, you can swap out pretty much any part and build it up in many different ways. 223 obviously, 2zlr and 9mm and a .or of fun would be a full auto 300blk! With your budget you could at least start out setting it up with extra uppers, optics etc.

I really wanted an M-16 when I bought my first full auto but couldn’t come up with the money and didn’t have the patience so I ended up with an AC-556. It was a great gun and was easy to feed and did have a 22 lr conversion kit for. later on I also owned a Sterling and a Vickers, so I’ve been lucky enough to to own, SMG, assault rifle, and a belt fed. They are all awesome in their own ways.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    MP5 with a 1,3 and auto trigger pack myself and I would love the navy variant. Auto is what makes PCC's epic and the MP5 is still one of the best. For that kind of money I don't want anything blow back operation myself.

frl8IiK.jpg

Throw a can, red dot, light and keep it loaded with 147gr subs makes the perfect HD tool.

kalashnikovfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    Henry County
    When I went to Vegas last summer I got to go to Battlefield las Vegas and shoot some MGs. I got to shoot a Thompson,mp40,mp7,bar,mg42,and a pkm I fell in love with the Thompson i would definitely buy a Thompson if I had the money.

Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    If I were to buy a smg it would be a tough choice between a ppah41, yugo m49/57 or Suomi.
    In reality a m16 with fightlite belt fed upper is probably best bang for buck.
    Would also love a pkm or dp28 with the belt feed kit on it for my stock pile of 54r the mosin and psl just ain't that hungry.

Life Member

Marksman
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Goshen
    I've got Macs which are great with Lage kits. 9mm and 5.56. M16 . Had mini Uzi . Full size Uzi is slow, almost boring fire rate. MP5s are damn expensive for what they are.

Fnc/ruger556 is damn near M16 money not worth it in my opinion.
    This is the way I went. Sub gun and a FA AR15 at a very reasonable price.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom