What do you think would be the best red dot sight for the Smith & Wesson FPC 9 mm carbine?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I mean there's a lot of red dot sites out there, some are really expensive some not so much, but what in your opinion would be a great fit for this little carbine?

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    I have cmore railway dots on my mkiv 22/45, m&p 15/22, and ruger pc9 cabine. I tried some less expensive dots in the past. The price was great. But I was sending them back just about every year for warranty replacement. Couple of the cmore dots are 2-3 years old 8000rds, with zero problems.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Height is the issue, at least for me. I threw a Spitfire AR on mine cause i had one on the shelf. It sits higher with a riser base but still feels low. I haven't shot it yet but I feel like I have to really cram down for a good sight picture.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So far I'm leaning towards a Pinty Pro for $50 from Amazon.
    A close second is the Pinty reflex site for $30 from Amazon.

Friends don't let friends buy garbage rod optics for guns. The SIG Romeo 5 seems to be the very low end of decent optic for cheap. I wouldn't go sub $100 on an optic ever myself.

Sig Sauer SOR52001 Romeo5 1x20mm Compact 2 Moa Red Dot Sight, Black https://a.co/d/ahxvssq

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I've got three of these:

I really like them. There is a version with shake awake if you need that, but it only has a dot reticle.

You will need an optic with a riser. Here's my FPC with the Swamp fox.

FPC & Dot.jpg

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I have a Holosun 503 I think, came with a riser base, works great! If you buy optics off Amazon you're gonna spend the cost of a good one before you break down and BUY a good one. Buy once, cry once. Also, if you get a decent optic and don't like it you can sell it; cheap optics don't sell on the secondhand market.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Friends don't let friends buy garbage rod optics for guns. The SIG Romeo 5 seems to be the very low end of decent optic for cheap. I wouldn't go sub $100 on an optic ever myself.

Sig Sauer SOR52001 Romeo5 1x20mm Compact 2 Moa Red Dot Sight, Black https://a.co/d/ahxvssq
    I can’t believe you’d even go that low.
    I actually thought of you when I read the first few posts but kept my mouth shut.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

^^^ This. The Romeo 5 is well worth the money for those not able to fork out the big bucks like Aimpoint.

I only have 1 Aimpoint, but I have 5 of the Romeo 5 sights. They work for everything...shotguns, lever guns, ARs...

even bolt guns.

1 A Lee Enfield Battle Rifle on princess rock.JPG

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I've got three of these:

I really like them. There is a version with shake awake if you need that, but it only has a dot reticle.

You will need an optic with a riser. Here's my FPC with the Swamp fox.

View attachment 264598
    How do you like your FPC so far?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd put a WTB add in the classifieds for a Romeo5.

Lotta folks picked them up in multiples on sale for a hundred bucks a year or two back. You might be able to get a lightly used one at a better price? Don't know, if you don't ask.

:dunno:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Site sponsor AA Optics has two Vortex refurbs for $110.

They are both 2 MOA dot only reticles.

What do you want? Dot, circle dot, ACSS Vulcan reticle? Green or red reticle? Do you want shake awake because it's going to be a defense weapon?

Top Bottom