What Do You Carry as Your Non-Lethal, Self-Defense Option?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm not aware of any law that says I have to engage someone on their terms. One solid punch could cause yours or my demise. I'm not about to see how that may be true. If an idiot is obvious they wish to do me harm, regardless of their implementation, I will use any means necessary to stop it... quickly and final. I don't burden myself with non-lethal items.

As someone who's presented cases to the Marion County Prosecutor, you'll have a very up hill battle to not be charged for using deadly force vs a punch. If there's a big disparity of force, you are elderly, you are a woman, or you have documented health concerns that will help. If you're a healthy male and it's not Mike Tyson on the other side of the gun/knife you'll probably need to convince a jury. That was with what, IMO, was a 'friendlier' prosecutor.

nathantwilson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2016
    Greenwood
    As much as I'm being tempted to respond to other comments in this thread, I'll actually answer the OP's question... I wear a 2" bull hide belt with a heavy buckle. Nobody will ever question it and it can deal tremendous damage if needed - with the added benefit of being able to do so from a few feet away.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I carry POM Industries pepper spray. It’s a small bottle that comes with a pocket clip and a very intuitive safety. I barely notice I have it on me.

The main reason I carry it is because there are a lot of people in my neighborhood who like to let their dogs run loose in their yard. I like to take my young kids for walks, and if one of their dogs ever got aggressive I think it would be easier to spray it then try to shoot it while managing my kids.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Have better conservative prosecutors is the first step to ensuring your protection. This will allow you to have the constitution and the law at your back.

Top Bottom