What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Last night we watched the 1938 English version of Dicken's A Christmas Carol on Prime TV. The cinematography, of course, did not match modern day movies, but it was entertaining, even moving, in parts.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    This movie was amazing, and also really hard to watch.

Do yourself a favor and watch it subtitled, there's not a lot of dialog.

I watched it. Not terribly impressed with it. It did do a good job of capturing what life in the trenches must have been like. I also thought they did a good job with special effects and the Schneider tanks that the French Army fielded.

IIRC the book was viewed as an anti-war book and the film was good at showing the brutality of war, and als the futility of many of the battles on the Western Front.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you  really want to learn about the futility and dread of WW1, listen to the 20 hours or so of Hardcore History's series on it. Dan Carlin has a knack for really describing the horrors of war.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    If you  really want to learn about the futility and dread of WW1, listen to the 20 hours or so of Hardcore History's series on it. Dan Carlin has a knack for really describing the horrors of war.
    I don't need that! I've studied enough about ti over the years. Bottom line, after September/October, 1914, nothing really changed much as far as the lines until mid to late 1918. Even the introduction of Gas and Tanks did not affect the stalemate to any great degree. THe deaths of many soldiers on both sides during that time period were a total waste. Both sides could have just sat in their trenches.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This movie was amazing, and also really hard to watch.

Do yourself a favor and watch it subtitled, there's not a lot of dialog.

I saw it awhile back and it was good.
    But MANY years ago I saw the original made in 1930.
    For the time it was a well made movie and worth a watch.
    It's still around.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't need that! I've studied enough about [it] over the years. Bottom line, after September/October, 1914, nothing really changed much as far as the lines until mid to late 1918. Even the introduction of Gas and Tanks did not affect the stalemate to any great degree. THe deaths of many soldiers on both sides during that time period were a total waste. Both sides could have just sat in their trenches.
    I was saying "you" in the plural terms to all INGOers, not you specifically.

The problem with sitting the trenches, is sitting in the water, the s***, the death, the disease, the starvation ... Die in the trench, or die in no man's land.

I recall one chilling tale of rain, blood, and excrement filled craters deep enough to surely drown the man that slipped in the mud under fire.

The lead up and politics are quite fascinating, and the powers that be created a situation where surrender wasn't an option due to the severe terms of such. The war could have been over much quicker if the allied forces gave Germany a dignified way out. And the side effect would have arguably been the avoidance of WWII.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I've got two that I really liked. First:

I watched Clerks III on Prime; I had to buy it, but being a fan of most of the View Askewniverse, I'm glad I did.

In it, Randal and Dante are now 50, and yes, still clerks. Randal ends up having a heart attack, which he survives, and decides he wants to leave some sort of legacy. He ends up wanting to make a movie about his life, and you can probably guess where it goes from there.

A hilarious (and a little less profane) and touching end to the Clerks saga. Yes, I said touching. Great to see many of the characters from the original movie as well.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    And watching now:

I got hooked on a Netflix series: Extraordinary Attorney Woo, a Korean show (with subtitles). Essentially, it's a courtroom drama, with the protagonist being a young lady who graduated first in her class in a prestigious Seoul law school. Oh, and she has been diagnosed with "autism spectrum disorder". It's a drama, yes, but definitely upbeat, with some LOL moments as well. One thing that I've noticed is that every actor in the show is attractive. Huh. The lead character is impossible not to love.

It seems odd to me that I am highly recommending a foreign show with subtitles, but then again, I loved Ted Lasso, a show about a professional soccer coach!
    smile.png

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Finished Peripheral on Amazon. This has been the best show I have watched in quite some time, I thought it was terrific.

Quick question and I will be vague for those who have not seen it. What did Burton use to shoot through that brick wall? I did not pay that close of attention but it did not look like a 50 cal rifle, maybe I am wrong.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I've got two that I really liked. First:

I watched Clerks III on Prime; I had to buy it, but being a fan of most of the View Askewniverse, I'm glad I did.

In it, Randal and Dante are now 50, and yes, still clerks. Randal ends up having a heart attack, which he survives, and decides he wants to leave some sort of legacy. He ends up wanting to make a movie about his life, and you can probably guess where it goes from there.

A hilarious (and a little less profane) and touching end to the Clerks saga. Yes, I said touching. Great to see many of the characters from the original movie as well.
    I love the Clerks series, II is my favorite of the three.

The entire cast was in Columbus Ohio this past weekend and I was scheduled to get to meet them. However, a second round of Covid made me miss them.

Reactions: oze

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I love the Clerks series, II is my favorite of the three.

The entire cast was in Columbus Ohio this past weekend and I was scheduled to get to meet them. However, a second round of Covid made me miss them.
    I was stuck in Jersey a few years ago, so I had to make the pilgrimage to Red Bank (Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash) and of course, to Leonardo to visit the Quick Stop. Red Bank was pretty nice, Leonardo, umm, wasn't. I took a few pictures and chatted with the "clerk" behind the counter, who was surprisingly nice. Tiny, tiny store, with some shady looking people hanging out on the stoops of the projects across the street on a weekday afternoon. I was relieved to see that, after my spending 10 minutes in the store, my rental car still had all 4 wheels attached.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Finished Peripheral on Amazon. This has been the best show I have watched in quite some time, I thought it was terrific.

Quick question and I will be vague for those who have not seen it. What did Burton use to shoot through that brick wall? I did not pay that close of attention but it did not look like a 50 cal rifle, maybe I am wrong.
    I'm trying it. In episode 2 now. Not sure its really grabbing me though.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

It is really good.

That was obviously some super future weapon. :):

Top Bottom