What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Floki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Indiana
    I have watched all the episodes of "Billions" that are on Amazon Prime. Great show.

If you want to watch it with the fam, it is available through Vid Angel...but the episodes may be only about 12 minutes long with the swearing and sex removed. The nudity gets less over the life of the show...for the good or the ill.
    I cancelled Netflix after "Cuties", show for the creepers. Im watching Petticoat Junction on Amazon lol. Whats Vid Angel?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I cancelled Netflix after "Cuties", show for the creepers. Im watching Petticoat Junction on Amazon lol. Whats Vid Angel?
    Vid Angel is an app that you can watch Netflix or Amazon Prime or other streaming services through and you can set the filters to take out what objectionable content there may be. It's almost like watching the airline/TV version of movies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    No, no issues here.

I only mentioned this because Snapdragon watches this thread and has viewed shows we have recommended. I know she tends to shy away from shows like this. I would hate for her to start the show only to see Bobby and Lara having relations in the pool.
    Heck, even I don't have issues with sex and boobs, but I rarely watch without my 88-year-old mom, who is just a smidge more conservative than I am. Thanks for thinking of me, Bee.

I may look into the vid angel thing.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    No, no issues here.

I only mentioned this because Snapdragon watches this thread and has viewed shows we have recommended. I know she tends to shy away from shows like this. I would hate for her to start the show only to see Bobby and Lara having relations in the pool.
    I actually don't recall all that much sex in the show. Language, yes, but nudity and sex - rather mild and brief.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Not on Netflix or Prime, but I thought I would comment on The Equalizer, with Queen Latifah as a sort of vigilante ex-spy who helps people who have nowhere else to turn. We really enjoyed the first few episodes, and then it started becoming more and more violent. Watched the last episode of the first season last night, and I'm done. I think it crossed the line with her torturing someone to get information.
    Not a big 24/Jack Bauer fan then I would assume?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Scanning thru the “also watched” suggestions, hey Bruce Willis and Thomas Jane (from Expanse) in a sci fi flick called Breach? Cool let’s have a go and…

OMG.

This has to be the worst science-fiction horror flick ever produced. It’s so bad that it’s not even entertainingly bad, it just stinks.

Every science-fiction monster movie trope and cliché and one-liner dropped into a blender and thrown on the wall.

Oh and the “lesser-known“ actors all look like somebody else. I can’t believe this is by accident. The blonde chick doctor looked like Jodie Foster, the hard ass ship commander looked like Ed Harris, and there was a Matthew mcconaughey lookalike too..

Are Bruce Willis and Thomas Jane broke? Did they lose a bet and have to ask the ugly girl to the prom? Holy smokes.

If this pops up in your recommended, run for your lives. It was apparently also released as Anti-Life, be careful it doesn’t sneak in by another name. Mostly to video but it was released in 112 theaters in Russia and first weekend grossed… $25,000.

It’s too late for me but run, you can still save yourselves. (Which was in the movie of course. Twice.).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Scanning thru the “also watched” suggestions, hey Bruce Willis and Thomas Jane (from Expanse) in a sci fi flick called Breach? Cool let’s have a go and…

OMG.

This has to be the worst science-fiction horror flick ever produced. It’s so bad that it’s not even entertainingly bad, it just stinks.

Every science-fiction monster movie trope and cliché and one-liner dropped into a blender and thrown on the wall.

Oh and the “lesser-known“ actors all look like somebody else. I can’t believe this is by accident. The blonde chick foctor looked like Jodie Foster, the hard ass ship commander looked like Ed Harris, and there was a

Are Bruce Willis and Thomas chain broke? Did they lose a bet I have to ask the ugly girl to the prom? Holy smokes.

What the heck has happened to "Die Hard"/ "The Last Boy Scout" Bruce Willis?

In recent years, every single movie he is in has him in a seldom seen secondary role with only the occasional one-liner? Yet, his name and face are prominent all over the promotions. :dunno:

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Jericho on Netflix

PhotoNinja and I started watching this a couple months ago. We watched most of it when it was on network TV years ago(2006), but never saw the whole series. Then it was cancelled in the second season.

This week, figured we would finish watching it, only to see it is being dropped from Netflix on Aug.15. There is a total of 29 episodes, so if you binge watch it, it could be finished by then.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For those of you who watched Bosch, does each season just follow one case? My wife doesn't have patience for that sort of writing , lol. She likes to see things wrapped up in one episode like NCIS for example. Or Blue Bloods. A side plot threaded throughout the season is okay as long as it doesn't dominate but as far as she is concerned. "lets wrap this up"! :)

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    For those of you who watched Bosch, does each season just follow one case? My wife doesn't have patience for that sort of writing , lol. She likes to see things wrapped up in one episode like NCIS for example. Or Blue Bloods. A side plot threaded throughout the season is okay as long as it doesn't dominate but as far as she is concerned. "lets wrap this up"! :)

Yes, one case.

They have some sub plot stuff, but fairly minor from what I remember.

Top Bottom