What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Well, it seems like it was made a couple of years ago for the 10 minutes "incels" were a thing, but that story line was not all that prominent. Seemed to leave some, if not loose ends, you just had to assume the resolution.

That being said, I liked it over all and just started listening to "Black Echo". I expect to work my way through the series.

Anyhoo, I just started watching "Billions" and like it so far.
    IMO, the books are not bad but the Amazon series and most of the movies based on Connelly's books improve upon most of them. The last season is one of the exceptions and more on par with the books, not in the story but in the quality of the storytelling. Most of the characters from the Amazon series are minor characters in the books and it is so often those characters that push the show past the books for me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    IMO, the books are not bad but the Amazon series and most of the movies based on Connelly's books improve upon most of them. The last season is one of the exceptions and more on par with the books, not in the story but in the quality of the storytelling. Most of the characters from the Amazon series are minor characters in the books and it is so often those characters that push the show past the books for me.
    Finished "Black Echo", "Black Ice" and more than half wat through "The Concrete Blonde".

I have just under 2 hours of commuting a day and had trips across the state Friday and Saturday, so audiobooks are great for me. I've enjoyed these books, but the TV series was definitely one of my favorites.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Finished "Black Echo", "Black Ice" and more than half wat through "The Concrete Blonde".

I have just under 2 hours of commuting a day and had trips across the state Friday and Saturday, so audiobooks are great for me. I've enjoyed these books, but the TV series was definitely one of my favorites.
    I've listened to, I think, all of the recorded MC books on either Audible or a free recorded book service through our public library. FOund each one well worth the time. The Bosch series were what got me hooked and the Lincoln Lawyer ones were the icing on the cake. Really enjoyed the cross-over between the two series.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The other night I ran across "The Cheap Detective" on Prime. It was made in 1978 and starred Peter Falk as an old time detective, and had many other big name actors and actresses from the 70's. I had high hopes for it and kept waiting for it to get good, but it was the worst movie I have ever seen. It was an attempt at a takeoff on Casablanca and probably some other old movies, but it was just plain bad. 90 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Not on Netflix or Prime, but I thought I would comment on The Equalizer, with Queen Latifah as a sort of vigilante ex-spy who helps people who have nowhere else to turn. We really enjoyed the first few episodes, and then it started becoming more and more violent. Watched the last episode of the first season last night, and I'm done. I think it crossed the line with her torturing someone to get information.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Started Bosch last night. Wife commented that it seems a little more “dark” then what she was expecting with the child abuse component,etc. Hopefully it was just to set up the character. We usually give a series three episodes before we decide one way or another.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Not on Netflix or Prime, but I thought I would comment on The Equalizer, with Queen Latifah as a sort of vigilante ex-spy who helps people who have nowhere else to turn. We really enjoyed the first few episodes, and then it started becoming more and more violent. Watched the last episode of the first season last night, and I'm done. I think it crossed the line with her torturing someone to get information.
    You can watch the old Equalizer with Edward Woodward on the NBC app or NBC.com for free. That was one of my favorite shows from the 80's.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Started Billions on Amazon. I had a friend who said it was good and it is great.

Just a heads up, the language is terrible, there is quite a bit of sex and lots of boobs.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    After having watched the original Equalizer in the 1980's, and still even enjoying the re-runs when they're on, I quickly found the new "Latifah" version unwatchable after just 2-3 episodes and never watched it again.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Started Bosch last night. Wife commented that it seems a little more “dark” then what she was expecting with the child abuse component,etc. Hopefully it was just to set up the character. We usually give a series three episodes before we decide one way or another.
    Stick with it the character building takes a while. It became one of my wife's favorites quickly.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Started Billions on Amazon. I had a friend who said it was good and it is great.

Just a heads up, the language is terrible, there is quite a bit of sex and lots of boobs.
    I have watched all the episodes of "Billions" that are on Amazon Prime. Great show.

If you want to watch it with the fam, it is available through Vid Angel...but the episodes may be only about 12 minutes long with the swearing and sex removed. The nudity gets less over the life of the show...for the good or the ill.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    You say that like sex and boobs are a bad thng?

No, no issues here.

I only mentioned this because Snapdragon watches this thread and has viewed shows we have recommended. I know she tends to shy away from shows like this. I would hate for her to start the show only to see Bobby and Lara having relations in the pool.

Top Bottom