What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I guess I’m getting old and cranky.

I was disappointed in Bosch 7 for going all wokey, and so propaganda-istically. I guess the new handbook is in effect.

Also watched Tomorrow War last night, found it … not great I guess. Also Was annoyed that no one taught the actors when to use the telescopic sights and when to use the 1X holo sight canted off to the right.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I guess I’m getting old and cranky.

I was disappointed in Bosch 7 for going all wokey, and so propaganda-istically. I guess the new handbook is in effect.

Also watched Tomorrow War last night, found it … not great I guess. Also Was annoyed that no one taught the actors when to use the telescopic sights and when to use the 1X holo sight canted off to the right.
    Well, it seems like it was made a couple of years ago for the 10 minutes "incels" were a thing, but that story line was not all that prominent. Seemed to leave some, if not loose ends, you just had to assume the resolution.

That being said, I liked it over all and just started listening to "Black Echo". I expect to work my way through the series.

Anyhoo, I just started watching "Billions" and like it so far.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    NF: Watched Peppermint last night. High action vigilante movie and Jennifer Garner is far prettier than Charles Bronson in Death Wish, even if she doesn't have the iconic mustache.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    HBO Max - I started rewatching the Wire, Season 1. Pretty good so far. Its been years since I watched the series...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    On Netflix, my better half likes "Virgin River", so we watched and finished the 3rd season that just came out.
    It had enough side plot in addition to the "chick flick" stuff to make it OK.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    On Netflix, my better half likes "Virgin River", so we watched and finished the 3rd season that just came out.
    Yeah, we like Virgin River also.

On another note, if anyone thought This is Us was just an evening soapy drama, you're way off base. We're watching it on Hulu. It is brilliantly written and is groundbreaking in it's style. The story looks at the main characters both in the present and the past simultaneously. It was a bit of an adjustment for my mom. She got a bit confused with the jumping around. Now that we're in season 2 she is getting more accustomed to it.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

On another note, if anyone thought This is Us was just an evening soapy drama, you're way off base. It is brilliantly written and is groundbreaking in it's style. The story looks at the main characters both in the present and the past simultaneously. It was a bit of an adjustment for my mom. She got a bit confused with the jumping around. Now that we're in season 2 she is getting more accustomed to it.
    How's it going with Heartland? Are you still watching ?

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    We watch it as well, my summary:
    1) Ain't nobody keep a secret in that town, all gossip groupies.
    2) They got more drama than Kellogg's has corn flakes.

I admit Season 1 was pretty good for this type show, Season 2 a bit "not as good", Season 3 was average at best.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

On another note, if anyone thought This is Us was just an evening soapy drama, you're way off base. It is brilliantly written and is groundbreaking in it's style. The story looks at the main characters both in the present and the past simultaneously. It was a bit of an adjustment for my mom. She got a bit confused with the jumping around. Now that we're in season 2 she is getting more accustomed to it.
    I couldn't get past the first season of Virgin River. We were looking for something my wife would enjoy and I could tolerate.

We both decided there was too much side plot and not enough of her actually...you know...doctoring!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We finished The Queens Gambit last night and Burn Notice last week.

I think we are going to try Bosch next.

We are still watching Scrubs. We like to have a 20 minute and a 40 minute show going so we can watch one or the other depending on time available.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    For Amazon, Clarkson's Farm is a wonderful little 8-episode side project from one of the former Top Gear presenters. He buys a farm in the north of England and tries to make it work for a year.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    For Amazon, Clarkson's Farm is a wonderful little 8-episode side project from one of the former Top Gear presenters. He buys a farm in the north of England and tries to make it work for a year.
    Yes, I've watched 3 episodes of it so far.
    Jeremy's a trip! LOL :-)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Stumbled across this the other day, it’s hilarious. You know reality tv is set up, but the decisions he makes seem exactly what a guy with a big pocketbook and ego would do jumping into a farm. Actually, when he’s frustrated, he’s quoting me a lot.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Stumbled across this the other day, it’s hilarious. You know reality tv is set up, but the decisions he makes seem exactly what a guy with a big pocketbook and ego would do jumping into a farm. Actually, when he’s frustrated, he’s quoting me a lot.
    Yeah he's definitely Clarkson playing Clarkson, and the whole enterprise is backstopped by his independent wealth so there's no real stakes. But it's still fun and hilarious.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    This has probably already been mentioned as it’s older, but Manifest is really good overall. I think the main character gets overplayed sometimes, but it’s a good plot, and amazingly very little language.

Top Bottom