What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Under the Dome (Prime), good SHTF show, about a small town that is cut in half by a impenetrable dome (actually sphere), and the competition for resources within the dome

Robertpetry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    Soo much good on Netfilx. Breaking Bad to start. Amazing series. But also Bloodline, Mad Men, House of Cards, Longmire, Green Arrow is ok too. If you can get it, Fargo is one of the best shows ever. Phenomenal story, acting and cinematography. Game of Thrones. I really miss Battlestar Galactica on Netflix. Portlandia. There is just so much to watch that I can't stand regular TV or shallow network TV shows anymore. Thong some mindless scrubs, the Middle, Cheers, Friends, M.A.S.H..... All on there. Walking Dead. Kimmy Schmitt. Califorication was awesome.

The second poster who said he couldn't find anything on Netflix or Amazon hasn't looked very far.

im sure I'm forgetting some.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Finished up season 1 of Jessica Jones on Netflix. It is/will be a tie in to Daredevil and will pull in Luke Cage, will tie into Iron Fist, and eventually the Defenders.

It started kind of slow, but got better. If you liked Daredevil, you may like Jessica Jones.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Sopranos is good.

I just started The Wire on HBO GO. Almost through the first season and it's OK. With all the hype around it I guess I expected to be blown away, but so far that hasn't happened yet.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I use Amazon Prime.

Sopranos is very good. Bosch also very good.

All seasons of Justified are on Amazon Prime for free.

Grimm is...unusual... but I enjoyed the first four seasons a lot, that pretty much used up all the interesting variations of the theme, the last couple seasons stretched it too far. The Monroe character was always good. A friend of mine worked on the show. (Hey Patience0830 and Joe138, you know him too, another Brown County boy).

Just started watching Vegas with Dennis Quaid. A bit hokey, but entertaining so far, especially set in 1960 Vegas.

Enjoyed Vikings.

Fortitude is weird. The plot line and the acting are very stilted, but it's just weird enough to make me want to see what they are going to do next. Incredibly there's third season coming -- I really didn't think it was good enough for second season.

And there's a whole bunch of other movies and series. I'm cheap, tend to only watch the ones included with Prime (includes Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers), but there are a lot more. I think they have Walking Dead, but I lost interest early on that one.

Waiting for Breaking Bad to get cheaper before I start on it.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Just started watching ozarks on netflix. I like Justin Bateman, he directs it and plays a financial expert that basically launders money for a bad guy. Well written, very good.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I've been too busy vacationing via YouTube this summer to watch anything else. Been down the Mississippi, taken the Intracoastal both up and down the eastern seaboard , been across the Erie Canal, and cruised The Great Lakes all at no expense. Been gold mining or panning in at least 10 states, even watched the Jackson Hole WY. Rodeo live last evening. Maybe someday I'll have time for Netflix or Amazon Prime movies; but I don't see that day happening anytime soon.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    A slightly older show I have been watching on Comcast on Demand is Homicide Hunter. Tells the (mostly) true stories of a homicide detective in colorado springs in the 80s/90s. About six seasons, 80 shows or so total. Very intersting and different from the normal scripted procedural shows such as CSI.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A slightly older show I have been watching on Comcast on Demand is Homicide Hunter. Tells the (mostly) true stories of a homicide detective in colorado springs in the 80s/90s. About six seasons, 80 shows or so total. Very intersting and different from the normal scripted procedural shows such as CSI.

My wife loves this show and Lt. Kenda in general.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Just now started watching "Kilo two Bravo" on Netflix. it's a movie not a series but really good. They don't seem to dumb-down the military jargon. Granted I never served so for all I know it is dumbed-down :dunno: . It seems kind of low budget but it's neat in the fact that it's not from a US perspective. They're British so the weapons, the gear, the "stuff", is all kind of neat and different.

I'll also tag this post because some of the beneficial aspects of this movie are medical 1st aid and trauma care.

Also, edit to add: I would recommend watching it with the closed caption on, these British accents are really tough.
    I'm not familiar with this site but it describes it well. Netflix doesn't describe it this well and I didn't know it was a true story! Wow!
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kilo_two_bravo/

I'm editing this while I'm watching it. Wow, this is rough, this is very realistic, rough, reality.
    My review: take your biggest knife and burry it into your leg when it gets "heavy", you'll know when, so you can REALLY get the full, emersion, experience.
    Watch it and tell me I'm wrong.?

Its dusty in here!

Ending credit snippets while showing pics of the actual badasses portrayed in the movie: "it was later discovered that he had an immunity to morphine ", "was the first amputee to return to active duty" "three more tours" medals, active in the limbless vetrans charities. It's like a marvel movie, watch to the end through the credits. They play the actual radio recordings of the events.

Last edited:

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If the OP is still looking for suggestions:

On Netflix I'm watching Hell on Wheels and Peaky Blinders.

Hell on Wheels - western set against building the transcontinental railroad

Peaky Blinders - a family of gangsters in England post WWI

more TV than time...

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Amazon Prime
    The Rifleman
    The Cisco Kid
    Hopalong Cassidy
    Movin On (70's trucker show, Claude Akins)
    Lexx
    USWA Memphis
    Sneaky Pete
    Crash Course w/Richard Hammond

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom