What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Deal on Monte white label robustos. A very good stick.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I too am by a roaring fire, smoking an LFD Digger. It is my $13 2-3 hour smoke. Good flavor and I still get a long smoke for one money When sitting outside in a breeze or light wind it still lasts a long time. Great outdoor value. I would burn two Padron 7000 in the same time.

I also smoke them watching football for the same reason…

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I too am by a roaring fire, smoking an LFD Digger. It is my $13 2-3 hour smoke. Good flavor and I still get a long smoke for one money When sitting outside in a breeze or light wind it still lasts a long time. Great outdoor value. I would burn two Padron 7000 in the same time.

I also smoke them watching football for the same reason…

Good value indeed. Grab them whenever I come across them

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Any suggestions on a cutter? Are they all the same just looks? Would be cool to find an outdoorsy or gun themed one just cause. Not having much luck though.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Any suggestions on a cutter? Are they all the same just looks? Would be cool to find an outdoorsy or gun themed one just cause. Not having much luck though.
    Ask at the cigar shop for a cheap decent value cutter. I can get a decent one for $5-$7. They are cutters and by nature get dull with use, a fancy cutter gets dull about as quick as the decent cheap ones.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    Palio and Xikar are what I like. Use & like both and they have tons of color options. Palio is double guillotine cutter but only one side moves. Probably the sharpest I have tried (maybe it just feels that way) and also can be used as a cigar holder. Xikar Xi's have a more ergo & comfortable design to me. Their warranty used to be very good and easy, not sure if it's the same now. I have one Xi that is very old and returned it to be sharpened and cleaned up for free (think I just paid to ship it). You can touch up/sharpen a cutter by cutting some rolled up foil. Not perfect but helps.

But as stated, you can get by with cheap ones for sure. It's more of a what do you want vs need in most cases. Only brand that I personally avoid for cutters and lighters is Colibri. YMMV, others like them, just my opinion and experience with several of their products (except butane haha).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I always forget about the punch in the bottom of my lighter, I’ve used my pocket knife many times, works pretty good as long as it’s sharp.
    I know aficionado’s that only knife cut their best cigars as it insures not crushing the stick. They use a very sharp knife dedicated to cutting cigars.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Neighbor gave me an "Acid Kuba Kuba" as a "thanks" for helping him unload and install a washer.

He described it as "kind of sweet".

That's like saying Hell is kind of hot.

Holy crap.....it's like smoking a sugar stick. If you like sweets, I imagine it MIGHT be ok.

Reminds me of a swisher sweet without the tip.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Neighbor gave me an "Acid Kuba Kuba" as a "thanks" for helping him unload and install a washer.

He described it as "kind of sweet".

That's like saying Hell is kind of hot.

Holy crap.....it's like smoking a sugar stick. If you like sweets, I imagine it MIGHT be ok.

Reminds me of a swisher sweet without the tip.
    Very accurate description. Had a bud I kept a couple of these around for. DO NOT PUT IN HUMIDOR! They will taint all your sticks.

My local shop will not put them in the main humidor, keeps them in a small humidor so as not to affect other cigars.

Top Bottom