What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lets try this fresh thread OK.....:):

Original Thread...

Last edited by a moderator:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Thanks CM! That other thread was making my head spin!

Ok well I'll start this thread off with a recap of my last weeks smokes, since most of my post went missing in the old thread.

- Fuente Fuente Opus X

Excellent cigar, but honestly I would buy again outside of a special occasion. At its high price point I can get something in the $10 range that is just as enjoyable as this stick. That is not to take away from this cigar, its fantastic...its just kinda pricey for an everyday smoke.

- My Father Fonseca

O man I really enjoyed this cigar. Very smooth medium bodied cigar with excellent flavor, consistency, and construction.

I'm really wanting to try an Alec Bradley Project 40 Maduro soon. I have been hearing really good things about this cigar and the price point makes it a nice everyday cigar. Unfortunately, my local B&M doesn't carry it and my humidors are currently maxed out so I don't want to order online either. (And not paying shipping for a single.) Might have my local B&M special order me a box and put in my locker, but I would prefer to try before buying a box. If anyone sees a store in Indy are with them please let me know!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Been mostly smoking padron 3000 lately with a few monte cristos.

These padrons are dangerous. I'm going to have to keep them in the humidor from now on so if you see deals post em up.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Sunday I have a La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor Valentino. It was a fantastic smoke! Medium bodied but full of flavor. Excellent construction, it held a really long ash. The biggest downside I could say was it had a little too open of a draw for me. Not sure if it was just that specific stick or if it was do to the larger size of the Valentino. It was probably just the ring gauge as these sticks normally have very consistent construction. Anyway it was a great cigar. Have several of their other offerings in the humidor waiting for me!

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    New Years Eve was my annual Anejo Shark. The last couple of evening have been filled with Southern Draw cigars, Jacobs Ladder, Rose of Sharon, my favorite though is the FireThorn.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'm sad to see my call out went unanswered. I asked to see ya'lls humidor set ups and no one posted pics.

This thread def needs more pics.

IMG_20201231_191844589.jpg

Padron 3000
    Clan denny scotch
    Cigar international insulated scotch glass
    Rockey petel 5 flame jet lighter in black and copper

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I'm sad to see my call out went unanswered. I asked to see ya'lls humidor set ups and no one posted pics.

This thread def needs more pics.

View attachment 119663

Padron 3000
    Clan denny scotch
    Cigar international insulated scotch glass
    Rockey petel 5 flame jet lighter in black and copper
    I haven't forgotten about the pics I'll try to post some soon. Right now I'm just living at work 6 days a week.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Scored big on cigar bid again. I have 210 cigars coming soon for $374 including taxes and shipping! I bought a 55qt cooler with a really nice seal that I'll be putting boxes in to age. I'll post some pics when the shipment comes in!

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Scored big on cigar bid again. I have 210 cigars coming soon for $374 including taxes and shipping! I bought a 55qt cooler with a really nice seal that I'll be putting boxes in to age. I'll post some pics when the shipment comes in!
    What brands did you buy?

I've recently bought some man o war from cigar bid.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    What brands did you buy?

I've recently bought some man o war from cigar bid.
    Mostly bargain everyday stuff from Padilla, Alec Bradley Pucks, 5 Vegas, but did also score some Cohiba reds, Oliva V, Cao Americana, and some Black Pearl's. Very happy with the lot. The bargain stuff is all Cuban sandwiches fillers except for two of them Iirc are long fillers.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    That's a good thing in a way lol! That's why I had to expand to a coolidor.... Maybe one day I'll buy a 4k capacity cabinet but not yet.
    I've been looking at this one. It's waay more than I need. But it will be the last one I own. I'm thinking when tax time comes around I'll order it.

Top Bottom