• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    What .45 do you carry daily (Brand/Model) and how/where? I'm thinking about getting a .45 and am looking for ideas and guns to check out before buying.

I've also been searching the site and will cont. to do so. Just looking for direct answers if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks
    Smitty

MarkR

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indianapolis - West Side
    I have .45 ACPs from Sig (P220), H&K, and Glock (G21 and G30). The daily carry is almost always the G30, in an outside waistband holster. It's all about the weight. Carry a full size 1911 around for a few days, then a compact polymer frame. You'll know immediately what I"m talking about, and remember the saying "The best gun is the one that you have with you".
    Go big and heavy and you run the risk of not carrying when it "isn't convenient".
    Just my $.02. YMMV.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I carry a Kimber TLE or Custom Carry, strong side belt carry, and they're Locked n Loaded!!!

I use one holster for all of my large frame pistols... its leather and fits everything from my Beretta 92G, Glocks, Sig P22xs and my 1911s. It was made by F.B.I. (Firearms for a Better Indiana), they used to be at the 1500s, not sure if he is still around or not.

Anyone remember this vendor???

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Detonics Combat Master, CrossBreed IWB holster.

1a4.jpg

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Kimber Tac Pro II Bobtailed, cross draw IWB

Top Right only now I have slimline Aluimna grips on it

DSCN1856.jpg

Last edited:

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Wow alot of quick replies. Thanks guys and gals. I'll be looking at more of these guns before i make a purchase. Keep them coming.

Thanks
    Smitty

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sweet!
    I've never even held a Detonics product.

It looks a lot like the compact 1911 carried by the Al Pacino character in the film "Heat."
    I'll have to watch HEAT again. Don Johnson's character Sonny Crockett, in Miami Vice carried some Detonics Combat Masters from time to time.

The Combat Master was the first, and still one of the best, designed compact 1911 guns ever made. It was considered to be a 'professionals' gun and was popular mostly with police. They are prized for their reliability, something that other compact 1911's struggle to achieve. Slides and barrels are slightly longer (about 1/4") than on many other 'compact' 1911's like the Colt Officers Model, which is a copy of the Combat Master, and many believe the extra length in the slide is what makes them 100% reliable guns.

Pioneers in engineering they made the first successful stainless steel guns, introduced coned barrels, captured recoil assemblies and a host of other things that are common on guns today. Despite their small size, Col Jeff Cooper proclaimed they are the mildest recoiling 1911 design produced.

Nifty little guns if you can find them in good condition. Victory Arms now has them back in production but I've not handled one of those. I tend to collect the original Seattle built Combat Masters.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    My Carry Gun

Sometimes a two tone Colt Special Combat in a Galco IWB Holster
    Other times and most often a Stainless Kimber Ultra Carry in a High Noon OWB Holster
    The Kimber is much lighter and easier to carry and concel I still have 8 rds so I give up 1 rd but gain concelabilty and less weight

Top Bottom