• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I guess it could be likely this is a publicity stunt for donations by GOA.

I think it is just more likely the ATF is exercising its bureaucratic muscle. They know they've got the backing of the white house.
    a lobbyist group amplifying something to increase their income? No, never.
    And YouTubers literally survive by making wild speculations to get clicks.

might be a legit email, but am I right that there's no official word from the ATF yet?

And I just realized there's at least two different topics in this thread.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    ELI5.

What's a "rare breed trigger" and what is the ATF doing?
    :dunno:

It's a semi-functional trigger.

Basically it relies on generating harsh enough trigger slap that it resets the trigger every time it cocks.

This means if you keep the trigger held down hard enough, you'll automatically pull the trigger as fast as the action cycles.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    a lobbyist group amplifying something to increase their income? No, never.
    And YouTubers literally survive by making wild speculations to get clicks.

might be a legit email, but am I right that there's no official word from the ATF yet?

And I just realized there's at least two different topics in this thread.
    the ATF going after something or someone they deem criminal (without any legislative or judicial precedent)? No, never.

Oh wait that just happened...

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    ELI5.

What's a "rare breed trigger" and what is the ATF doing?
    :dunno:
    It's a brand of FRT (Forced-Reset Trigger). Basically a bump-stock in a trigger. It forces the trigger forward to reset the trigger, even if you are still pulling the trigger back.

It's a brilliant legal loophole because it literally forces you to make a trigger pull every time, thereby evading the legal definition of a "machine gun". The proper thing for the ATF to do would have been to ask Congress to make a NEW law.

Instead, they're re-defining regulations like evil feds often do, then pretending they have the force of law.

Unfortunately, they still kill kids and dogs doing their illegal acts and the courts often buy into their BS arguments. Which is why evil fed "regulators", prosecutors and judges often belong "hanging out" on the same tree.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Little Johnny was in his Kindergarten class when the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living.

All the typical answers came up - fireman, policeman, salesman. Johnny was being uncharacteristically quiet, and so the teacher asked him about his father.

"My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out to the alley with some screaming customer and take it up the ***".

The teacher hurriedly set the other children to work on some colouring in and took little Johnny aside to ask him "Is that really true about your father?"

"No," said Johnny, "he actually works for atf, but I was too embarrassed to say".

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    80% lower, pistol brace, and other regulations are coming this year. Note this language in each summary: “Government Levels Affected: None.” Of course not.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    80% lower, pistol brace, and other regulations are coming this year. Note this language in each summary: “Government Levels Affected: None.” Of course not.

At least some of this makes SOME sense. Like somebody putting a short eye relief scope on a pistol is a ding against it being a pistol. Or something that folds down to facilitate shouldering. Duh.
    Not a fan but at least there appears to be some logic to it instead of "BAN THEM ALL!!!!" (Which is odd for them)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    At least some of this makes SOME sense. Like somebody putting a short eye relief scope on a pistol is a ding against it being a pistol. Or something that folds down to facilitate shouldering. Duh.
    Not a fan but at least there appears to be some logic to it instead of "BAN THEM ALL!!!!" (Which is odd for them)
    How so? People that hunt with pistols (legal) use short eye-relief scopes all the time. :scratch:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How so? People that hunt with pistols (legal) use short eye-relief scopes all the time. :scratch:
    Maybe I'm confused. Im talking about the rifle scopes that are useless unless your eyeball is 2" from the scope. I had no Idea Cletus would install a rifle scope on his Colt Python and stick his face directly behind the pistol to take the shot. Sounds like a recipe for a black eye to me.

And in an AR "pistol" config, in order to use a rifle scope you're practically shouldering the thing. Not putting your forearm in the brace and shooting it like a traditional pistol.

Top Bottom