• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    It's like the gun owners version of ACAB.
    Not quite; in my mind there's 3 types of organization/bureau/institution/group:

1) One that exists primarily to do good things - police fall into this category IMO, which is why I believe it's inherently foolish to say all cops are bad; the bad ones exist IN SPITE of the purpose and goals of their institution, not because of it.

2) One that exists primarily to do evil things - very few institutions or groups throughout history have fallen into this category (hence, Goodwin's Law, mostly because it's hard to find any group that is almost universally considered the epitome of evil in the way Nazis are)

3) One that exists to do some good and some evil things - the ATF falls into this category, IMO. Saying that everyone who is a part of such an organization is doing evil by being involved with it is a matter of judgement based on how grave the evils being perpetrated are, and you can't get someone off the hook just by saying that they don't personally participate in the bad things; they're still supporting the organization as a whole. I would argue that the wrongs done by the ATF are egregious enough that anyone working for them is doing wrong. That doesn't mean I will direct indiscriminate vitriol and hatred towards them, but I will recognize them as an agent of tyranny, even if they don't personally involve themselves in the dirty work, so to speak.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why were ATF agents doing drug busts? That is what the DEA is supposed to be for. Both should be disbanded.
    'cause they found a pack of smokes, I dunno...

Most of the drug just up here are ISP with a little help from their friends, IIRC.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's like the gun owners version of ACAB.

Goodwin's Law is alive and well.

E2VUwm_VUAAIYoc.jpg

The burning bodies from both groups are just anecdotal.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Part of the difficulty with many laws is the "mission creep" that various alphabet agencies add on to the law. The big one right now is the EPA wanting to add CO2 to the clean air act which is a very expensive move. Back in 1963 and again in 1970 I don't think anybody was looking at CO2 as a pollutant, but times change and when you let bureaucracies "reinterpret and modify" laws you get this sort of "mission creep". ATF is no different than any other agency and subject to the same temptations to change things. This is also the reason for the heavy law/lobby presence in dc. Interested parties who want to make money by buying laws don't have to work through legislature, bureaucrats can modify existing law to enable the buyers to make good bank on the changes.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I just received an email.

ATF Final Rule Change Update:

I want to start off saying I hate spreading unverified information. However, I have received some "unofficial" word from an ATF employee to expect something Monday 4-11 from "The Whitehouse." Again, this is not verified by anyone and is simply what we were told. We want to keep everyone as updated as possible, and this is the most recent news we have.

Once we actually read the words that are published, we will give our opinion of those words and the actions we will take.
    As we all know, the ATF is bypassing congress and re-writing laws through the federal rule change procedure. As John Crump points out in his recent video (here), they are going to announce the change in April. After that announcement, they are expected to implement the rule 60 days later. We are teaming up with Gun Owners of America to fight this rule change.

- JSD Supply

Top Bottom