• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We usually watch Last Man Standing reruns at 6 p.m. on WGN (Comcast), but tonight, when we say "WGN" into the remote, it goes to "News Nation". That's what used to come on after Last Man Standing, but it was still WGN. Anybody else experienced this?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    TV9 - WGN
    is not the same channel/programming as
    WGN - America
    WGN doesn't even appear in my lineup anymore, either on the tv or on the website. News Nation used to just be part of the show lineup on WGN, but now when I say "WGN" into the remote, it takes me to "News Nation" and not WGN. Something has changed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I found and article about them and dish being in a passing match over money. All I found.
    I figured it might be something like that. Usually local channels here will run ads if they're having a fight with either Comcast or DirectTV warning that they may be dropped, but since WGN isn't local, maybe that's why I didn't see anything.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just found this...

"Channels including WE TV, Investigation Discovery, and WGN have been disappearing from lineups in markets around the country. Customers are saying they haven’t been getting any warning or any explanation from the company about why this content is suddenly unavailable. Comcast has also removed TCM from its main packages moving it to the Sports and Entertainment add-on that costs $10 more."

Sounds like it's time for me to call Comcast. I've been meaning to renegotiate my contract anyhow. My bill is up to $275 a month for home phone, internet and what I consider "basic" cable (although they say it's up one tier from "basic"). We don't have any premium channels like HBO or anything.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My DirecTV jumped to over $200 this month, so I called and slashed my packages, got it down to about $100. If I could DVR my shows with an over the air antennae I would change to that. Most of my TV watching is on the local channels anyway.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    My DirecTV jumped to over $200 this month, so I called and slashed my packages, got it down to about $100. If I could DVR my shows with an over the air antennae I would change to that. Most of my TV watching is on the local channels anyway.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Waiting on Comcast to call me back. I've discovered that I can no longer connect to the History channel. It's there, but I just get 3 "dots" like it's trying to connect, but it never does. If they take that away I'm going to be pissed. That's one of the channels I wouldn't get if I dropped down to the next lower tier. :xmad:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, I've got my bill re-negotiated. Went from ~$275 down to ~$204. Now waiting for a technician to figure out why History channel won't come in.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Well, I've got my bill re-negotiated. Went from ~$275 down to ~$204. Now waiting for a technician to figure out why History channel won't come in.
    I got rid of cable, I wasn’t paying that much when I only watched Comedy Central, a&e (live pd), and history channel. They really start slashing prices when you tell em to send you a box you’re done... but, I knew it was going to slowly raise again so I just did the deed and cut it.

I do miss history channel and South Park tho :(

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I found and article about them and dish being in a passing match over money. All I found.
    Over the last year or so I have had several channels disappear from my Dish schedule. Always says “ fill-in-the-blank has removed this channel”. After a couple weeks the channel programming returns. WGN did this a while back but currently is fine.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I have a digital antenna but honestly never use it. Super bowl was the only time in the past year I can remember turning on regular TV. Usually watch something online, or have the radio on while I’m messing around with something at home. TV hasn’t been the same since married with children, home improvement, and Seinfeld days. Shows today suck.

Top Bottom