• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a 'poll taker' now. I discovered a web site that lets you gain American Airlines miles in exchange for taking surveys. A lot of it is watching trailers for movies or TV shows that aren't released yet and saying what you like or don't like about it, but political and social topic polls do come up as well.

I will say that some of the polls seem genuine in their attempt to 'take the temperature' on given topics. Others are *obviously* worded in such a way that they are hard steering you toward a certain answer. One was so bad I complained, as all the options were for the same side of the topic, just in different wordings and 'severities' and you had to pick one.

As a result, I have even less faith in polling then I did before as a rule but I have seen which companies are at least trying to be honest. That, in and of itself, has been kind of interesting.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm a 'poll taker' now. I discovered a web site that lets you gain American Airlines miles in exchange for taking surveys. A lot of it is watching trailers for movies or TV shows that aren't released yet and saying what you like or don't like about it, but political and social topic polls do come up as well.

I will say that some of the polls seem genuine in their attempt to 'take the temperature' on given topics. Others are *obviously* worded in such a way that they are hard steering you toward a certain answer. One was so bad I complained, as all the options were for the same side of the topic, just in different wordings and 'severities' and you had to pick one.

As a result, I have even less faith in polling then I did before as a rule but I have seen which companies are at least trying to be honest. That, in and of itself, has been kind of interesting.
    Exactly this. The poll wording is such that (intentionally) the results can be used to push a particular agenda.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I think we lost the information war years ago. When they took it out of schools and started the campaign to demonize an inanimate object instead of the people who are the issue. Now the push to embrace the mentally ill has pretty much driven the cart over the cliff.

Not sure there is a way to turn it around as far as educating people.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As I stated in another thread, its all the Butters and "this wont affect me" types that are unfamiliar with Niemoller and/or slippery slopes.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    We have too many useful idiots, literally, and they vote. Every day I come to a 4-way stop and people can't seem to remember who got there first. I've seen people yield the right of way so people can turn in front of them. I won't even get into the stuff I see at Walmart.

I know sending nudes are the thing now for dating, or so it seems, but I'd rather watch a video of you reading aloud so I know you're not an idiot. I'm going to start writing everything in cursive just to see what happens.

Bread and circuses.

Mainstream anything is propaganda. I'm convinced it's to give the useful idiots buzzwords to yell so they can virtue-signal their wokeness about how "in the know" they are to ignite the other furious useful idiots. I can't ever remember anyone of them being able to discuss anything in nuance outside of a headline. My recent favorite is, "Our democracy is under attack!" They hear it, repeat it and think they're fighting the good fight, all while being an idiot. Yes, we hold democratic elections, but a pure democracy, that which they seem to love to trot out on the nightly news, is mob rule.

Yuri Bezmenov was right.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I think we lost the information war years ago. When they took it out of schools and started the campaign to demonize an inanimate object instead of the people who are the issue. Now the push to embrace the mentally ill has pretty much driven the cart over the cliff.

Not sure there is a way to turn it around as far as educating people.
    MANY... years ago.

Between what happened with the school system, and the media... we've been hosed for a good while now.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When it comes to reporting of results of polls, unless they include the EXACT wording of the question, and also include the EXACT possible answers in the case of a muktiple choice poll, I have no faith in them.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Do they? I would say that the trajectory of gun control vs gun rights legislation, federally and state-by-state, over the past 30 - 40 years says otherwise.
    I agree to a point. There were some gains during those days past, but I think that since the riots, high murder rates and mass shootings of innocent people, including children, the past few years that the pendulum is starting to swing the other way.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Heard some moron official saying that the founding fathers used muskets and therefore the second amendment is about musket ownership and they would not have allowed the current weapons with "high capacity" magazines. The jerk said this to a crowd through an electronic microphone which could not be part of the first amendment since the founders could never have envisioned electronics, or sending his message over the internet and not by hand laid type passed out on the city streets or sent to fellow towns via horseback.

These people are really morons when they say that the founders couldn't envision. That is why THEY wrote the constitution the way they did, because they couldn't envision television, radio, the internet, etc. but knew the greatness of the American people.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ...and who is actually being polled.
    That and polls aren't real math. Sample size of 1,600 gets you a 2.5% margin of error. That's because 1 divided by 40 (the square root of 1,600) is 0.025. No mention of population size...

Somewhere in my pages of references of 2A stuff I have where I tore up Frank Luntz and his garbage paid for by Bloomberg in 2012. It's not real math and he still got it wrong.

Top Bottom