• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schinbecky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2018
    Plainfield
    Recently stoped into Plainfield shooting supply(BOBS) to look at optics. They had some good stuff int there and gun selection was good too. Ever since the new location change things have changed as far as customer service goes. At the Old location they all three of them seemed grumpy and not willing to go the extra mile to help someone that’s not the case now I actually had a guy come from behind the counter and help me with some parts for my AR. They still have great prices on stuff too, keep up the great work guys and remember good customer service travels.

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    I have been shopping and buying guns and supplies from Bob for decades. I don't remember ever running into anyone grumpy. Sometime very busy. I definitely like the new store. I never worry about finding a cheaper price on a gun somewhere else. If they have something I want, I trust that it's a fair price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have not been into the new store yet. I have looked for it in passing but not seen it. I realize to in there means I will be pulling funds or plastic out and leaving with something new. It is just the way of things

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have not been into the new store yet. I have looked for it in passing but not seen it. I realize to in there means I will be pulling funds or plastic out and leaving with something new. It is just the way of things

Yep, Bob's kind of like a crack dealer... though I will say I have managed to go in a time or 2 lately without buying anything. The new store is well lit, nice, spacious and has clean air inside... all the things the old one wasn't.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Bob is awesome. I have been buying from him for something approaching 20 years. I am a happy enough customer that I even went to his shop when I lived in Evansville. You just don't find people like him very often.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I've had nothing but positive experiences at Bobs and his prices are always fair.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Funny story about Bob's. I was in there on a Saturday at the old store. They were really busy. Quite a few of the old guys standing around. One guy says I want this gun. He looks to all the old guys standing around and said who else wants to buy a gun and they all raise there hands and start filling out the 4473s. Maybe not so much funny but shocking. They all indeed bought a gun.

Churchmouse. It's literally right across the street from the old shop. I believe you can even see the bank that was in front of it from the new one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Funny story about Bob's. I was in there on a Saturday at the old store. They were really busy. Quite a few of the old guys standing around. One guy says I want this gun. He looks to all the old guys standing around and said who else wants to buy a gun and they all raise there hands and start filling out the 4473s. Maybe not so much funny but shocking. They all indeed bought a gun.

Churchmouse. It's literally right across the street from the old shop. I believe you can even see the bank that was in front of it from the new one.

Damn it. Now I know and will be "Forced" to go in. :cool:

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    I special ordered a gun from there a few years ago and felt like I almost had to make them sell me the thing. They never called me when it came in, I had to call and was told "Yeah, it's been here for a while." and you know how anxious one gets when waiting for a new item. When one feels like they are intruding on the salesperson, one probably doesn't go back. I haven't, but will go and give them another try since the feedback on their new location and attitude has been so positive.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I special ordered a gun from PSS and they told me it'll be 4 days and to call on x day to see if it's in. I like I've been a longtime customer, I like they leave me alone, ask if they can help me and I say no just looking and they leave me alone until I need them. Can't beat their prices, and Bob will deal with you fair on trade ins on gun you bought from him.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I stopped in today briefly, and heard someone else come in and ask Bob the following while I was in there (I didn't even look up to see the person to describe them)... and I'll have to admit, I was surprised Bob just didn't lay into the guy due to the amount of this kind of stuff, I know he has to deal with.

Customer: "uhm... I saw this gun I want on the internet... uhm, and they said I have to have it shipped to an FFL"
    Bob: "I'm sorry, couldn't quite hear you..."
    Customer: "Uhm... I'm looking to get this gun on the internet and said I have to have it shipped to an FFL... are you an FFL?"
    Bob: "Yep" (That's where I figured Bob was going to school the guy, but guessing he has had his full of ignorance and just rolls with it these days compared to what I may have seen just a few years ago even).
    Customer: "Uhm... is there any charge for that?"
    Bob: "$20"

And guy walks out... thought it was interesting, now he may have already been in and looked at what he wanted and priced it elsewhere/internet, etc, but didn't sound like it, and never even looked in the case or asked Bob if he had it, price, etc. Also, thought it was a bit amusing that he had no idea that Bob had to be an FFL, but then again, he probably had no idea what an FFL is.

On the other side of this, I learned that Bob apparently does transfers for $20.
    Now I'll admit, I never inquired at PSS about transfers, as I just didn't get the vibe that they would like to do them, and while I have bought quite a few firearms and done some trading with Bob, because his prices are usually pretty good, I generally drive down to USDS for transfers as their price and service on transfers has been awesome.

So, I'll ask here... anyone done a transfer with PSS? If so, how did it go?

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I like Bob. Bought my first pistol from him 17 years ago. One time I went in (old shop) and had my kids with me. He had a big bag of suckers behind the counter. Kids love suckers and they talk alot less when eating them. Bob is wise.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I went there for the first time yesterday. Surprised by the selection of firearms and reloading supplies. Prices seemed fair.
    I halfway expected the usual jerk gun store owner, but didn't get that at all. Service from everyone was very good.

I will definitely be back.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015

What he ^^ said, almost.

Look for the Arby's, and go behind it to the parking lot. You won't miss Bob's storefront from there.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I miss the sign in front of the old shop on US-40:
    Karate
    Guns
    Tanning