• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    If any of you guys are looking for a cloud Rein 2.0 or 3.0 this place is by far the cheapest I've ever seen them.

$260

$305
    How do you spot a counterfeit?
    I use Streamlight Pro-Tac RM-1 (325 lumen) and RM-2 (625 lumen) lights for my short guns and the tape switch has a button for constant on. They do have a little bit of flood to them, but not too bad. I also have a couple Inforce WMLs, but they don't have a remote. I have a TLR-1 HP that is very focused, but not terribly bright. Streamlight has their TLR-1 HPL light, 1000 Lumen with an advertised focused beam and comes with a remote switch. It has a very wide bezel though. The Pro-tac rail mount HL-X is 1000 lumen with the same tape switch as the other lights in the RM series. There have been reports of counterfeits of these off Amazon, so I'd buy from a reputable dealer.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I’m a huge Modlite fan but Cloud and Arisaka/Malkoff are up there also.

I run PLHv2 on most of my rifles but choose the OKW head if it’s going on a DMR build.

I’m not a fan of tape switches. I run a DS00 tailcap on everything for redundancy as switches will fail. I like the Unity and Modlite switches.
    The guys on YouTube I really trust for advice all seem to run an Arisaka with Malakoff head and some different tailcap but I really didn't want to have to read 30+ articles about tailcaps and light heads to figure it all out.

If the setup I originally was looking for on the arisaka 'light builder' website comes back in stock I'll get one of the made to spec options that seem to be praised by the YT gun community but so so so many things are out of stock currently.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Call me a weirdo, but I tend to purchase things that are simple, affordable and easy to replace or duplicate. Preferably something sold by Amazon, or the like, that will be on my front porch in a day or two.

Icing on the cake of buying the most popular items is that there is no shortage of support and accessories available for my item.

Also not being stuck with some prima donna item that will never come close to recouping my investment, when the next better thing comes out in a year or two.

:twocents:

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Man, Ingo sure has grown on our light recommendations. I don’t disagree with any recommendations I’ve read. Minimum Streamlight, if budget allows, Surefire, modlite, Arisaka, Rein, or even OWL if you want a hammer too. Don’t skimp. You are after candela and bulletproof, not lumens.

bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    L
    The guys on YouTube I really trust for advice all seem to run an Arisaka with Malakoff head and some different tailcap but I really didn't want to have to read 30+ articles about tailcaps and light heads to figure it all out.

If the setup I originally was looking for on the arisaka 'light builder' website comes back in stock I'll get one of the made to spec options that seem to be praised by the YT gun community but so so so many things are out of stock currently
    Let me know what you’re looking for. I can source just about anything.

Also, what YT ppl are you following?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I've always just bought whatever was on sale from wherever I was buying, not going to lie. I never cared to get into all the different heads, tailcaps, switches etc.

But to avoid spending extra money that I may not have to - those of you who really know the light game - what would you recommend?

All I'm looking for:
    600-1k lumens without a ton of flood
    Tapeswitch that preferably has a button for momentary and one for constant
    Mlok mount included if possible, the handguard I'm using has mlok on every side so no need for an offset really

No need for IR.

Whats out there that I can get all of that in one package and is durable? Budget doesn't really matter but I'd rather not spend more than $300-350 honestly
    Application?

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    L

Let me know what you’re looking for. I can source just about anything.

Also, what YT ppl are you following?
    I'll have to get the list again when I've got more time. It's an arisaka with some Malakoff head and certain tail that a few of the guys all seem to run basically.

Man I watch too many of the channels. Pretty much any of the typical channels with the 20-40 year olds running them.

Hop did the video breaking down lights that got me on the arisaka site trying to build the light he recommends but everything was out of stock for the last 4 months or so it seems. Hoplopfheil or something like that is his channel. He does a lot with the guy from TFB TV.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    When you finally get one make sure you put it on about any range gun to give it a good testing. Even high dollar lights can fail. Best to find out if it's going to take the abuse.

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    I've been using the Surefire G2X Pro on all my ARs, for years without any issues.
    600 lumens/15 Lumens- No tape switch, only tail cap. About 4 oz.
    I mount them on the left and operate the switch with my thumb.
    $80ish on Amazon.

They have released the G2X Pro Max with 800 lumens/15 lumens for $100ish.

_DSC9557-Edit-Edit.jpg _DSC9828-2-3.jpg

I have one on my 6920 too but I don't have a photo of it from that side. Sorry

bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    I'll have to get the list again when I've got more time. It's an arisaka with some Malakoff head and certain tail that a few of the guys all seem to run basically.

Man I watch too many of the channels. Pretty much any of the typical channels with the 20-40 year olds running them.

Hop did the video breaking down lights that got me on the arisaka site trying to build the light he recommends but everything was out of stock for the last 4 months or so it seems. Hoplopfheil or something like that is his channel. He does a lot with the guy from TFB TV.
    Just let me know. I should be able to source it and send you links to where it’s in stock.

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I run a Streamlight HL-X on one and a SureFire 600DF on the other of my ARs. I have a Modlite with a PLHv2 head on it, and it is amazing. The illumination at 100 yards is not even in the same class as the others, but hesitate to use it for "SHTF" type use because it is 18650 LiPo only. The HLX and dual-fuel I can feed with CR123A cells (which have a long shelf life).

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    You will never run a weapons light again, once you realize how much more useful a headlamp is..

giphy.gif

Top Bottom