• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Going to stress that you practice weak hand training immediately. Glad that I've done it quite a bit. Was in a car accident yesterday, idiot ran a red light, and now have a splint on my broken right wrist. This is going to be an adventure.
    Practice, practice practice. You never know when the fickle hand of fate will reach out to smack you.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Good reminder. Having had a few finger/wrist injuries over the years, I've learned to keep a few weak-handed holsters around and practice with them occasionally

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The upside to your injury is if you want to shoot, you have no choice but to use your support hand. This is often the best way to learn something. When my primary pistol slide was out for 6 weeks getting the slide milled for a RMR, I only had my Shield. In those 6 weeks I got fairly proficient with it. And since I try to shoot it 1 for 1 with my primary pistol, I'm still a touch better with it.

Sorry that had to happen. I hate being injured and have been more than my fair share of times.

But use it to hone those other skills!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Very good advice, especially the competition suggestion.

I'll add that you should go ahead and buy your weak hand side holster. Be familiar with the weak hand side draw, before you need it.

Icing on the cake is that you will be prepared to effectively carry your BUG.

Top Bottom