• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Another important reminder to try and put aside your ideological blinders and actually listen/read/watch what is being said (as well as how it's being said, and what is trying to be conveyed.) Remember, if you're not sure about something, it's best to restate a persons argument to show a) you understand what they are saying, and b) form an effective counter-argument.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Another important reminder to try and put aside your ideological blinders and actually listen/read/watch what is being said (as well as how it's being said, and what is trying to be conveyed.) Remember, if you're not sure about something, it's best to restate a persons argument to show a) you understand what they are saying, and b) form an effective counter-argument.

Restating another person's argument here and asking if you understand it correctly will this get you called stupid!

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Restating another person's argument here and asking if you understand it correctly will this get you called stupid!

Or you will be accused of not understanding english or having poor reading comprehension skills. Albeit most of the accusers have left the building or on a forced vacation.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    What?

They could have saved millions. My wife can confirm people only hear what they want to hear. She says I have selective hearing.......I say I am HOH.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    the algorithm: once you click on a subject they then feed you other info that does tend to reinforce the original.

my kids do say I am stuck in my ways. Don’t care.

example: If you have balls and a stick when you are born your a male. If you have a va ja ja when your were born your a female. If you have both your both. I do think science has that covered already. do not expect me to call you shim as a gender pronoun because you are a science denier.

My youngest has always been interested in what makes one choose one thing over another. She is going to be high in demand if she decides to go forward with that interest as we now have everyone inputting choices into little black mirrors every day all day. I am trying to get her interestEd in statistics. Made her join a fantasy football league and when she saw the draft board and the statistics in the player charts she got into it. She has pulled off 3 great trades by talking and chatting up the family league and she always starts with the question of “why did you draft x player in round y?“. I have sent out 5 trades all rejected instantly. On Sunday she sends a quick chat to each team like “good luck today” never watches a game and then looks at the stats Monday. She hates football. She could well win the league and until super bowl half time never watch the NFL.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wish I could hear only what I want to hear, like the right of the people to keep and bear arms is no longer infringed, where the freedom of speech is free, where the press is honest...

Yes, I am getting older and must be senility. :D :D :D :D

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Are natural riights subject to or contigent upon opinions of others?

Top Bottom